Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Guess I got lucky. We picked up our TCH (finally) on 7-18 in Chicago. When finalizing with the finance manager I inquired about the 7yr / 100,000 mile waranty and showed him the printout from here with the price of $830. Note this was before finding out about the price increase posted here on 7-20.

Anyway, he countered with $880 and I told him NO!! He accepted $830.

Hopefully I will never have to use it.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
joe540ci

Has anyone bought there warranty from Warranty Direct . Any comment pro or con would be welcome . Or could someone give me a # to call to get a good price on a toyota warranty for my camry..Thanks JOE

Old 07-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

Joe:
Be careful about any aftermarket warranties! From what I understand it their value and coverage ranges from A to Z. Additionally, I have heard that some companies or their underwriters have gone belly-up, leaving customers holding the bag.

I have no specific information on Warranty Direct.

Personally, I would stick with the manufacturers extended warranty. However, I would buy it from a discount source. Check this thread and the extended warranty thread on the Edmunds site. Lots of specific info there.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast

I agree about sticking to manufacturer's warranty.

On my last car, I had a warranty from a company called 1stSource - it had a reasonably good reputation when I purchased the warranty.

Four years later, the company filed for bankruptcy a week before I needed to use the warranty :-(

Old 07-28-2006, 05:09 PM
joe540ci

Toyota Warranty This is the best deal I've seen

Old 07-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

I've been lurking for a couple of days, but have decided to register so that others don't get " duped " like I did. I was offered the Extra Care warranty when I purchased my TCH ... Didn't know that you could bargain for it ... ended up paying 1800 for the platinum 6 year 75000....

Now I feel like a real genius.

The finance manager mentioned to us that :
1) if you never use this warranty, then you can get all of your money back by the end of 6 years.

2) if you get the extended warranty before you take the car off the lot, then more components of your car are covered. If you get it after you take it off the lot, less components are covered.

The latter statement is what made me feel pressure to to buy it straight away...

Either way, I just feel like a dumb brick right now and I caution others out there to read up on these forums before making your purchase.

BTW, this is an awesome site and I have learned a lot so far. I can't post my mileage yet, because I'm only on my first tank.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast

[QUOTE=TCHduped]I've been lurking for a couple of days, but have decided to register so that others don't get " duped " like I did. I was offered the Extra Care warranty when I purchased my TCH ... Didn't know that you could bargain for it ... ended up paying 1800 for the platinum 6 year 75000....

Now I feel like a real genius.

The finance manager mentioned to us that :
1) if you never use this warranty, then you can get all of your money back by the end of 6 years.

[QUOTE]

I also have this sinking feeling that any use of even the general warranty for the next 6 years will prevent me from getting my money back. Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Old 07-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Why don't you see about getting a refund on the warranty that you bought. You should be able to get most of it back. Depending on when you bought it, you may get all of it back or may get it pro-rated on time and mileage. Even if you lost a couple of hundred bucks, you'd still be close to $1000 ahead.

If they give you the run-around, then check with Toyota directly ((I assume that you got the TOYOTA extended warranty)).

Good Luck!

Old 07-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

My comment on $1K ahead includes purchasing a new equal Toyota warranty from one of the web sources listed in this thread.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Enthusiast

Ya, I think I'm going to call them to see if they'll give me a refund.

Thanks scooters. Where did you get your warranty?

Quick Reply: Where to Buy Extended Warranty - Best Price

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands