Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Camry Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/)
-   -   Where is my wood grain trim??? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-camry-hybrid-49/where-my-wood-grain-trim-9776/)

flopshot 09-06-2006 11:13 AM

Where is my wood grain trim???

1 Attachment(s)
So while I was researching the lack of RDS-compatability on my non-NAV JBL radio, I was reading the eBrochure on the 07Camry. For the TCH, the eBrochure says that wood grain interior trim is standard equipment, just like the XLE! (see page 7 of the attachment). So where the heck is my wood-grain trim! I just filled out the Toyota Quality Survey that was mailed to me, and I made sure to note that this trim was missing.
:angry:

TKCamry 09-06-2006 11:35 AM

Re: Where is my wood grain trim???

The e-brochure was in error. The paper brochure lists no wood grain as either std or as an option, though I do believe that wood grain can be gotten as a dealer option.

Did you see the car before signing the papers? You must have noticed it didn't have wood grain interior. Why complain now?

jbollt 09-06-2006 11:38 AM

But, do you realy like the orangeish/yellowish color of the wood trim in the XLE? YUK!

flopshot 09-06-2006 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by TKCamry
The e-brochure was in error. The paper brochure lists no wood grain as either std or as an option, though I do believe that wood grain can be gotten as a dealer option.

Did you see the car before signing the papers? You must have noticed it didn't have wood grain interior. Why complain now?

Yes, I saw the car, and of course I noticed that there was no wood grain. I'm complaining about how many errors were made in the original brochures, such as the RDS-compatbility of the stereo. Although these are all minor things, if you build up enough separate items of advertised equipment that was not delivered, then it becomes a bait&switch issue, and possibly we (as a class of buyers) can get those items corrected at Toyota's expense. I personally would like the XLE wood trim in my car, but I would want the RDS even more.

spiff72 09-06-2006 11:49 AM

Does the Non-nav version not have an RDS radio? The nav version seems to receive the RDS data (at least the call letters of the station).

Primo 09-06-2006 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by flopshot
So while I was researching the lack of RDS-compatability on my non-NAV JBL radio, I was reading the eBrochure on the 07Camry. For the TCH, the eBrochure says that wood grain interior trim is standard equipment, just like the XLE! (see page 7 of the attachment). So where the heck is my wood-grain trim! I just filled out the Toyota Quality Survey that was mailed to me, and I made sure to note that this trim was missing.
:angry:

thanks for the ebrochure...i am going to ask my dealer about the wood grain next week

Eskimonio 09-06-2006 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by spiff72
Does the Non-nav version not have an RDS radio? The nav version seems to receive the RDS data (at least the call letters of the station).

I had posted re: RDS about a week and a half ago. From all that was discussed, the non-nav does NOT have RDS, which I found completely strange, but liveable.

What I think is NOT liveable is that fugly wood grain on the XLE...I thank my lucky STARS that was not standard equipment on the Hybrid. IMHO woodgrain is to warm the interior of a vehicle and project a feeling of enhanced luxury...I really think Jim Press and his boys missed the mark with this year's choice of wood...the color is wayyyy too light...I've had dogs that puked up warmer colors. ;)

spiff72 09-06-2006 12:53 PM

I sat in an XLE, too, and thought that the fake wood was horrible. Once I saw that the TCH didn't come with the wood, I was thrilled.

faldoc 09-06-2006 01:30 PM

There are some aftermarket dash kits which can add warmth, I think Superior dash makes a set for the TCH, but I am not sure if it needs more pieces for the shift area. They have some warmer wood colors, even real wood if you want to spring for it. However, it gets expensive, and you have to know what you are doing since the application is permanent, and you get only one chance to lay the pieces down.

Edit: I have heard that Sherwood Dash makes a nice kit. I have not personally seen any of them, though...

Sallyspal 09-06-2006 01:37 PM

I love the interior just as it is - clean and classy.