Who had more information you or your salesperson

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Who had more information you or your salesperson

Originally Posted by abward
"Normal" people, not us, don't read forums about stuff every day. :-)
Definitely agree there... Knowledge of the TCH: Me > Salesperson > Wife

Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Active Enthusiast
Location: Two miles N of the technology 'center-of-the-world' in 1903, on the Outer Banks of NC

No one..in 7 years.. has ever walked in knowing more than I do. Those that think they do have been given bad info normally that needs to be corrected. And those that really really do know what they're talking about like the abundance of military engineers in this area still can be wowed with details and statistics and insider info from Toyota.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Active Enthusiast
Location: Two miles N of the technology 'center-of-the-world' in 1903, on the Outer Banks of NC

Originally Posted by meshell
my salesperson was actually very nice and seemed somewhat knowledgeable on the details of the car. having come from a hybrid already, and a fully loaded one at that, i did not need much information regarding my new car. within 10 mins i had enabled my bluetooth, set my phone numbers, and set my home location in my nav. the dealer was impressed! even my hubby thinks it is funny that i know so much about my cars. i think the hycam with the nav is a trip because the screen flips down and the disks go in behind it! i love it!
First Team? Priority? Flag? or Barker?

Old 07-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gandyfire
Overall I think most of the salespeople are going to be less knowledgable on the particular vehicle you are about to buy. Partly due to the number of products they have to know at least something about and the fact that most of us on here no doubt spent many hours doing research. I even downloaded the owners manuals two month prior to taking deliverey!

Our salesman was well versed in the TCH but after having the car for a couple of weeks he called me to ask me a question about a conversation we had at the dealership because he needed to answer a question for a customer. I was actually flattered that he called to ask ME.

One year old today (7-7-06)
Congrats

Old 07-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kdhspyder
No one..in 7 years.. has ever walked in knowing more than I do. Those that think they do have been given bad info normally that needs to be corrected. And those that really really do know what they're talking about like the abundance of military engineers in this area still can be wowed with details and statistics and insider info from Toyota.
My sales person told me the ECO button was for the heated seats.. I'm not saying I'm a genius, even though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but I can say, I knew more than this particular Sales person..

Old 07-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kdhspyder
I believe you, Bob, because I always get something useful out of your posts here. But I think you're the exception.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

On my test drive my salesman told me the camry hybrid has only a 5 speed transmission and, after showing me how to use the start button, he explained "if the fob becomes low on battery power, I should hold the toyota emblem close to the button and the button will recharge the fob".I did not laugh,,,,but I came close.