windows down/sunroof open?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: windows down/sunroof open?

Originally Posted by spiff72
I just had a crazy thought - could this be referring to the black lock button on the outside door handle?

Or has this been tried?

I might give it a shot when the weather improves.
I am not sure how much has been tried....let use know if that works. I know I tried it with the FOB.

Using the door handle button would make sense since you wouldn't want to randomly open all your windows because you accidentally hit some buttons while the FOB was in your pocket.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: windows down/sunroof open?

Originally Posted by BHDMC
My understanding is that some or many of the function selections in this document are customizable, but only from your dealer service department. For example, when I wanted to reset the timing that the exterior lights are on, I was told that only they could do the reset (and that they would do it for me gratis when I came in for service). I may be wrong, but perhaps only the dealer can reset the default.
You're right. Most of the items covered in that list are changed only by the dealer. The window/sunroof items have cryptic instructions that use some kind of lock button and other function buttons. Spiff72's thought is a good one....I can't remember if that was tried or not.