Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Highlander Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-highlander-hybrid-31/)
-   -   Hybrid Highlanders on the ROAD now in Cali.... (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-highlander-hybrid-31/hybrid-highlanders-road-now-cali-2495/)

lars-ss 06-06-2005 08:28 AM

Hybrid Highlanders on the ROAD now in Cali....

Just read over at Edmunds that several people have taken delivery of their HHs in the past couple of days.

Prices seem to be right around $40K out the door. Owners are liking everything so far.

Is the Mileage Database ready for the first tank posts? They are sure to be coming soon !!:D

Jason 06-06-2005 02:34 PM

Re: Hybrid Highlanders on the ROAD now in Cali....

Awww man! Another car to add? :( I guess I should be happy lol but I hate doing this. Coming up soon ;)

Jason 06-06-2005 08:52 PM

All done. All integrated. Time to get those Highlanders in the database.

GreenAndBlue 06-07-2005 09:45 AM

Jason - I think the day is fast approaching where you'll want to consider converting to a horizontal bar graph to represent each car model, given the number of new hybrids that will be released over the next few months. Maybe change over when you implement the revisions for the DB that you're now collecting ? :zip:

Jason 06-07-2005 10:07 AM

Yepp. Good idea.

Bob259 06-24-2005 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by lars-ss
Just read over at Edmunds that several people have taken delivery of their HHs in the past couple of days.

Prices seem to be right around $40K out the door. Owners are liking everything so far.

Is the Mileage Database ready for the first tank posts? They are sure to be coming soon !!:D

We tried one out a week ago here and the Limited with Nav was stickered at $42K. I loved the power, it was unbelievable. However, that said, I was disappointed in other things like, no smart key system (for $42K) like in the Prius, power display gone and added in to the gauge cluster like an indicater and a MPG graph bar under the speedo. The styling is bland. For $42K was expecting a little more, I think the Prius is more forward looking and acting then the new Highlander.

On the up side I hear the Hybrid Tundra in 2008 will be like 1000 foot pounds of torque:eek: Now that will be some vehicle.

katie 06-24-2005 10:28 PM

looks like I got to post the first tank of gas. I've had mine since 6/11. I saw one other - 2 days later. I couldn't (wouldn't?) afford the limited. And most of the dealers were pricing with markups well above sticker - it took a lot of work to get a standard 2wd model for just sticker price. I had to walk away from 2 dealers who wouldn't talk down from that bogus markup.

I love the car - but so far the mileage is pretty cruddy - 21.7mpg on the first tank. I'm trying to "learn" to drive for better mileage - but in So. Cal if you drive too wimpy you get run over.

Schwa 06-25-2005 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by katie
I love the car - but so far the mileage is pretty cruddy - 21.7mpg on the first tank. I'm trying to "learn" to drive for better mileage - but in So. Cal if you drive too wimpy you get run over.

Toyotas have a substantial break-in period where they will get pretty pathetic mileage until they are good and limber.

JOE540CI 08-14-2005 06:55 PM

Just waiting for a news article to come out about someone putting in a bigger batt pack or maybe 2 stock packs or maybe converting a hilander to a plug in -PHEV. And then getting some big MPG #s. If anyone sees such an article please let me know...Thanks joe

SunByrne 08-14-2005 09:07 PM

Took delivery of our HH yesterday (Saturday). Can't say what kind of mileage we'll be getting, but it's definitely a nice piece of engineering.