Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Best replacement tires for prius 100K jeff (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/best-replacement-tires-prius-100k-jeff-20124/)

Mr Bosox 10-23-2008 06:47 AM

Best replacement tires for prius 100K jeff

I have tried to original Integrity and Michelin Hydro-edge... and both were just OK now I need new ones any good suggestions and where to purchase? thanks Jeff from va.:D

bwilson4web 10-23-2008 06:52 AM

Re: Best replacement tires for prius 100K jeff

You need to be more specific in your requirements:

1) maximum handling
2) maximum efficiency

Don't say "both" because that lets those who make a recommendation decide on your requirements ... you might as well talk to a tire salesman.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Mr Bosox 10-23-2008 06:57 AM

MOre specific the Hydroedge ended up with terrible cupping and I need to return to the orginal tires (Integrity) or with something else... Mileage was about the same for (both GY and Michelin) 52 mpg!

I just need some advice for the Next set... for my 05 Pruis (110 K)

bwilson4web 10-23-2008 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Bosox (Post 189759)
More specific the Hydroedge ended up with terrible cupping and I need to return to the orginal tires (Integrity) or with something else... Mileage was about the same for (both GY and Michelin) 52 mpg!

I just need some advice for the Next set... for my 05 Pruis (110 K)

Was the cupping front, rear, left, or right?

Do you have the numbers from a recent alignment report? We need both front and rear, toe and camber.

Abnormal wear is an alignment problem and needs to be fix BEFORE the next set of tires. New tires on bad alignment ensures they will wear out too soon.

Bob Wilson