Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   First Timer.... (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/first-timer-13768/)

Pams_Red_Prius 05-29-2007 06:50 PM

First Timer....

Just bought a 2007 Barcelona Red Prius with package 2. Didnt want or need to go too fancy as I'm wanting good mileage to get me back and forth to work each day (70 miles round trip). So far only have about 220 miles on it and the average is showing 45.5. Wide open to suggestions on how to up the mileage. I travel the interstate and have already found I tend to lose a tenth of a mpg with every mile higher I go. Setting cruise at 70 to 72 and being passed like I'm standing still.
Anyway, just found this site and planning on watching and learning from you all.
Pam

bwilson4web 05-29-2007 08:37 PM

Re: First Timer....

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

Originally Posted by Pams_Red_Prius (Post 126927)
Just bought a 2007 Barcelona Red Prius with package 2. Didnt want or need to go too fancy as I'm wanting good mileage to get me back and forth to work each day (70 miles round trip). So far only have about 220 miles on it and the average is showing 45.5. Wide open to suggestions on how to up the mileage. I travel the interstate and have already found I tend to lose a tenth of a mpg with every mile higher I go. Setting cruise at 70 to 72 and being passed like I'm standing still.
Anyway, just found this site and planning on watching and learning from you all.

We've got a Prius FAQ with lesson's learned that will hopefully will help. Don't worry about the first tank but in the future, you may want to start recording your mileage. This lets you track progress and move forward.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Pams_Red_Prius 05-30-2007 03:21 PM

Today, I slowed down significantly on the interstate. Traveled at 65 ish and improved my average by 2.5 mpg! Not sure the cars passing me appreciated it but oh well. The display is now showing 47.9 mpg. I also left the air off as it wasnt all the bad, stopped and added air to the tires (they registered at 25 psi...nice way to deliver a new car), I upped them to 40. I'm still on the first tank from the dealer so time will tell.

karting_guy 06-12-2007 01:10 AM

hmm.. perhaps you should invest on high-performing toyota auto parts. then you shouldnt worry. good luck! ;p

bwilson4web 06-12-2007 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by karting_guy (Post 129404)
hmm.. perhaps you should invest on high-performing toyota auto parts. then you shouldnt worry. good luck!

I tried buying Cessna stock in the 1960s but that didn't make me a pilot or airplane owner.

Bob Wilson