Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   How did you choose your Prius? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/how-did-you-choose-your-prius-3419/)

Eric The Grey 09-01-2005 02:23 PM

How did you choose your Prius?

I've all but given up on getting a Prius, since there are never any around to test drive, and I will not go into a new car that I cannot test first.

How did you pick yours? Did you find one to drive? Drive a friends, or perhaps, just purchased blind?

Just being curious mind you.

:shade: Eric the Grey

lars-ss 09-01-2005 02:28 PM

Re: How did you choose your Prius?

Where do you live Eric? I can help you find one. They are out there, you just sometimes have to work a little harder than normal to find them......

Paradox 09-01-2005 05:45 PM

Yeah, I preordered an 06' end of July but at that time they had 7 or 8 05's still sitting on the lot for sale. Just keep looking aroud or get help from the many on these forums.

My friend has had 2 Prius' now, an 01 and an 04. He's been happy with them and I liked everything about the both of them so when I was in the market it was a no brainer to go with a Prius, especially with the rising gas prices.

Eric The Grey 09-01-2005 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by lars-ss
Where do you live Eric? I can help you find one. They are out there, you just sometimes have to work a little harder than normal to find them......

I live in the Denver, CO metro area. So far, none of the dealers I've been to have had them in stock. One sales woman I spoke to said she "might" have one available near the first week of Sept, but last time she looked, there was ONLY that one.

People sure seem to like 'em.

:shade: Eric the Grey

EricGo 09-01-2005 06:46 PM

Living in CO, the financial incentives are well .. mind boggling. Between state and 2006 Federal, it is about $6K for the Prius. I think the HCH is similar, but am less sure on that car.

Can you put some money down to guarantee price and delivery in '06 ? I reccommend you email some dealers outside of Denver and the known green towns. I bet you can find a helpful dealer.

IndyDoug 09-01-2005 07:20 PM

I did not test drive. I was ready to make the change to a hybrid because of the rising cost of gas. I chose the Toyota Prius because of the MPG, the looks and from what I read on the Internet.

Alex A 09-01-2005 07:42 PM

I simply fell in love with Toyota as a company based on my last car (still have it!) - a 1994 Corolla 5-speed which had 1 or 2 minor repairs in 273,000 miles. The exhaust system and clutch are even still original, and I had one brake job in that time. Add to that that I hate waste of any kind in general and that the Prius is bigger AND more economical (on gas) than the '94 Corolla - I ordered one without even seeing one close-up.