Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   I have a tideland package 9 a few days, to test (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/i-have-tideland-package-9-few-days-test-287/)

flare 03-24-2004 01:35 PM

I wish I were Dianne's son :( now i'm insanely jealous

xcel 03-24-2004 02:46 PM

Hi Jason:

___Stealth or not, 56 mpg segment on a 32 degree day from initial startup to swap of drivers ~ 7 minutes later in a TRAC with 0 experience in an 01-03 or the 04 Prius. The other Insighter received 57 from the swap to pulling back into the dealership parking lot.

___For an Insighter, it is not just energy flow, it’s about acceleration, load, throttle technique, and in the case of the Insight and Prius, Fuel cut or Regen. Fuel cut or regen in an Insight can happen at any speed whereas Auto Stop happens below 22 mph with the proper shifting and braking technique. I believe fuel cut and stealth happen at different speeds during coast down in the Prius as well but I have only read of acceleration and steady state, not the deceleration mode(s).

___Flare, I have seen you bash your current ride more then once here in this forum??? Do you know you can use some of the same techniques to improve its (whatever its is?) emissions and fuel economy as well? It was the high fuel economy run in the MDX w/ the Game gauges instantaneous feedback that taught me how to drive for maximum fuel economy and I just transferred it to the Corolla without a game gauge(s) to master that ever present EPA estimate.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

flare 03-25-2004 02:20 PM

Well, my car is like this. a 1993 Audi 100 with a 190hp V6 engine. There are 4 cylinder engines that can achieve 190 hp. and an accord with a V6 has 240 hp already. This leads me to believe that my car is wasting gas by not using it to its full potential. It achieves around the same economy as some sports cars while driving at a much slower rate. i'm not sure how to test emissions but i looked online and the estimates were 4/10 for my car. Not even the worst midsize/fullsize sedans of today have such low emissions. when i go to school each day, i have to back up and make a 180 degree turn to get out of my driveway. it stinks when i turn around. after going to the teton science school where they don't advocate pollution, i am biased against stinky cars. my car smells outside and inside :( and i have to spray pearberry every time i get in the car. the steering wheel is cracking and its very dirty. the engine check light comes on frequently (though my dad says there isn't anything wrong even if it goes on) which means... if something really does go wrong... how would i know? and also the brake worn warning beeps at me all the time too, yet the brakes are fine. once the car went all the way to 4k RPM and stayed there.. the PRND321 signals all lit up. when i decelerated the gears didn't shift down. definately wierd. the glove compartment is sooooo stubborn. it doesnt close unless you slam it hard and its a small glove compartment anyways. oh and... the engine belt snapped off when i was in the parking lot, so the power steering went away and it was sooo difficult turning at those slow speeds. i wish i was at a high RPM so my valves could have melted shut and I would have a prius by now. and also, the lights are really dim and i want them to be changed. i cant see anything when its raining. i had to replace the windshield wipers too because before they were just smearing anything. so... i'm left with a stinky, low mpg, slow (manual versions are quicker), poor visability, high maintanence car that is only thought of as "good" because its an Audi. This nominal car also has faded paint and it shocks me every time i get out of the car. i guess this really isn't a reply to your suggestion. I could try, but i wouldn't know if my car would be any cleaner b/c i dont know how to test that