Just Traded My Prius In

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Just Traded My Prius In

Well I drive 14 miles a day and decided I bought this car 5 months ago on impulse. I averaged 48mpg which is good even though it's not near the 60 they predict but with the little amount I drive I really didn't see a huge savings vs. the cost of the car itself being higher since it's a hybrid.

I made out well at the dealership though...not the same one i bought it at, however. I paid under 500 sticker price when I bought it and got a trade in value of 1000 under sticker so I only lost 500 bucks. However I got my new car so drastically discounted and at dealer cost I made out financing less now so made out in the deal and didn't screw myself over.

I'm going to definitely miss this car. I liked it but I think I'm going to wait until these cars start to go full battery or use barely any gas before I look into one again. In the meantime I now have a convertible which I've always wanted to own so I've got a car that fits my age more since I'm 23. 2006 Screaming Yellow Ford Mustang. Never liked ford because I don't like american cars but I never drive a car over 70-100 thousand miles generally anyways so I'm sure I won't see serious issues until then. i also only drive about 12,000 miles a year.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Engineering first
Talking Re: Just Traded My Prius In

Originally Posted by jjryan
Well I drive 14 miles a day and decided I bought this car 5 months ago on impulse. I averaged 48mpg which is good even though it's not near the 60 they predict but with the little amount I drive I really didn't see a huge savings vs. the cost of the car itself being higher since it's a hybrid.

I made out well at the dealership though...not the same one i bought it at, however. I paid under 500 sticker price when I bought it and got a trade in value of 1000 under sticker so I only lost 500 bucks. However I got my new car so drastically discounted and at dealer cost I made out financing less now so made out in the deal and didn't screw myself over.
How many miles did you have on it??

Who took the car in trade-in?

Fayetteville AR is only 536 miles from Huntsville AL . . . hummmm!! I would really like to know who took the car.

GOOD LUCK with the Mustang!

Bob Wilson

Old 05-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Just Traded My Prius In

Landers Mclarty Ford/Jeep in Bentonville, AR took it however they shipped it off yesterday via truck to Landers McClarty Toyota Little Rock.

VIN is JTDJB20U957056132 if that helps you track it down. Their website is www.landersmclarty.com

Miles: Around 6750.

Last edited by jjryan; 05-10-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Engineering first

Thanks!!!

Bob Wilson

Old 05-10-2006, 10:11 AM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

jjryan, did you get the V-8? I would dearly love a V-8 Mustang (or Camaro).My "to do before I die" list has owning one of those two on it.Luck,Charlie
PS The V-6 does have decent performance(a rocketship next to the Prius).

Old 05-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got the v-6. I'm still too young to insure the v-8 and not get raped on rate. I'll wait a few years until I've had this about 3-4. I got the screaming yellow with black top and had the windows tinted. looks hot. it does get up and go compared to the prius but I noticed how well the prius brakes after driving these cars i test drove. the prius stops on a time and is VERY touchy. This car isn't But it's fun to drive. can't put the top down for three days though because of the tint. i'm all anxious and it's killing me lol. thankfully it rained today

bob are you going to try and secure my old prius?

Old 05-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

I hear you man,

When i bought my first car at age 22, fuel efficiency was WAY down there in the priority list. I wanted something flashy, 2 door, and something that would make all my friends jealous. That's why I bought a Jet Black BMW 325Ci brand new in 2001, I preordered it with Manual Transmission, sports, premium, and winter package, I still have it in my garage, reminds me of too many good and bad memories (not too long ago); and i never regretted paying almost $60,000CND for it .

IMO, you definately bought the right car for your age.
you're only young once. Also, having a V8 is nice but unecessary, what do you need over 300hp for? 90% of the time you're driving you're only probably using 50hp or less to keep yourself at the speed limit or just a bit over. You should be driving your car slow so people notice you, not drive it fast and annoy people

Last edited by CamelFilters; 05-10-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:26 PM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS

Whoooo, screeming yellow with a black top should look great! The V-6 is plenty quick and is worlds cheaper to insure and feed. Besides, if you ever get the urge for more power,for a few hundred $$ you can plug in an instant 50-75 hp with N20. A Prius is definitely an older Geeks car; not a chick magnet(well maybe eco-chicks if there is such a thing).
Good luck- it will be a blast to drive.Charlie
PS Sometimes the pads take a little while to bed in. The brakes will improve.

Old 05-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I actually had my eye on the Ford Mustang GT before deciding I was on the wrong end of the age tables for it (and am way more GEEK than I am COOL! ) Your age is perfect for a screamin' yellow stang, mine (32) is not...and I'm female. Guys seem to be able to carry off the cool car style regardless of age. My brother (29) and Dad (60) both drive Mustangs, though Dad's is the only GT in the family. No convertibles, though -- Texas weather isn't kind to convertibles, it seems.

In the end, I like indulging in fast 'n powerful whenever I'm around my family's Mustangs, and enjoy the fuel economy and utility in my Ford Escape Hybrid the rest of the time. I drove a Toyota Corolla for 14 years (still have it; hubby uses it for his daily commute now), so it's a pleasant change. A Mustang probably would have had the opposite affect on my driving that the hybrid has...

Old 05-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

i'm tempted to get hybrid emblems and for the fun of it throw them on the mustang

Quick Reply: Just Traded My Prius In

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands