Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Michelin X-Radials Tyres - Any Experience? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/michelin-x-radials-tyres-any-experience-15643/)

Tideland Prius 10-14-2007 12:47 PM

Michelin X-Radials Tyres - Any Experience?

hey guys,

I've been thinking about Nokian WRs for a long while now (esp. now that KalTire has a sale on). However, I dropped by Costco today and saw that Michelin is having an offer of $60 off for four tyres. The guy at the desk recommended the X Radials over the HydroEdges. I haven't seen/read much on the X Radials and was wondering if you guys have had any experience with these tyres.

TIA!

Tideland Prius 10-18-2007 11:25 PM

Re: Michelin X-Radials Tyres - Any Experience?

nobody?

bwilson4web 10-19-2007 03:38 AM

I don't know anything about those tires. I bought Sumitomo tires at the Toyota parts department last year and have been very happy. They are low rolling resistance tires with a 51 max pressure rating. I saw no MPG hit after replacing the Sears Mastercraft tires that were on the car.

Bob Wilson

Tideland Prius 10-20-2007 12:39 PM

hmm ok thanks!

Harold 10-20-2007 01:02 PM

Check out the HCH site, I think some people are going in this direction. They seem to be happy with the handling as well as the quite ride. H

sip'n 10-26-2007 01:12 PM

I've had good luck with several sets of Michelin's X-radials, they are quiet, handle well and I ran them well into the 60,000 plus miles range. A lot of Sears' passenger car tires are (or at least used to be) manufactured by Michelin.

I just bought a HCH II last week and my first post is in the Prius forum. Too funny ;-)

bwilson4web 10-26-2007 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by sip'n (Post 147757)
I've had good luck with several sets of Michelin's X-radials, they are quiet, handle well and I ran them well into the 60,000 plus miles range. A lot of Sears' passenger car tires are (or at least used to be) manufactured by Michelin.

I just bought a HCH II last week and my first post is in the Prius forum. Too funny ;-)

That is one of the better features of GreenHybrid, our ability to work together on common problems and not be hybrid bigots . . . until a troll comes around touting some nonsense. Then we respond effectively.

Bob Wilson