Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Toyota Prius (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/)
-   -   Prius Everywhere (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/toyota-prius-10/prius-everywhere-5502/)

mg48 01-16-2006 10:17 PM

Prius Everywhere

I flew out to LAX today for business. After seeing the thread about how many Prius have been sold in CA I thought I would look around for them. Well, they are indeed all over the place. At home in Houston I might see 1 a day, sometimes 2. I saw at least 20 while driving from LAX North through Venice Beach, Santa Monica, and Malibu. There were probably more but I did have to watch where I was going. It's trecherious out here. At home in Houston I can see my exit 5 miles up ahead of my it's so flat. Quite a few of them had the yellow HOV lane sitckers on the corners of the rear bumper. It was kind of neat to see so many, but I do like the special feeling at home in Houston where the Prius is still a special and unique breed.

2Hybrids 01-17-2006 06:07 AM

Re: Prius Everywhere

Here in Central Florida - I see them everywhere too!!! Seems the interest in Hybrids is catching on! This past weekend, we drove down 441 to Apopka and as we sat at an interesection, my wife pointed out a Prius in the lanes on each side of us. Quite a site.

texashchman 01-17-2006 06:46 AM

Mike they're 2 Priuses at the same house across the road from me. :D kevin

JeffHart 01-27-2006 07:33 AM

DC is lousy with them also :)

In the seven months since I've had mine, there are at least 4 new ones in a 3 block radius of my house. Always see at least one in the same row or one row over at the Dulles parking garage and several a day when out and about.

It's a good thing.

Cheers,
Jeff

mnko 02-02-2006 02:15 PM

Visit Marin County north of San Francisco. In addition to the two in my garage, the two dealerships here sell about 50 a month. It is virtually impossible to drive anywhere and be out of sight of another Prius (or two or three)! Prius capital of the world.

sweetbeet 02-02-2006 02:39 PM

Ithaca, NY is probably somewhere in the running for top 10 cities, in terms of number of hybrids (most of them Prii) per capita. It is hard to go anywhere (shopping center, drive around town, any large parking lot) without seeing a couple. There are two other houses just down the street from me (within a mile), each of which has a Prius, and there is one other FEH on the same block. The real estate agent who brought the buyer for my mom's house, and his wife, each have a Prius. Gotta love our little "city of evil"!

sweetbeet 03-18-2006 10:48 AM

I just got back from a Saturday afternoon trip to Lowes. In ADDITION to mine, there were three other Priuses in the parking lot! I saw two more (not counting the one in the driveway that I always pass) on the way home. This is a very short trip, a couple of miles through the (small) city of Ithaca and back to my semi-rural home, maybe 8-10 miles round trip.

Does anyone know of a way to find out how many of a particular make of car are registered to drivers living in a particular city or zip code? I bet there are fifty in Ithaca and surroundings.

AZMerf 03-19-2006 04:21 PM

We just came back to Phoenix after visiting the Inlaws in Tucson. We saw no fewer than 2 dozen on the other side of I-10 going and about 20 coming home today. Most were Prius IIs. There were also a number of Civic, Hylanders, Lexi, and a Ford Escape. We are making a difference!

rogermy 03-20-2006 07:39 AM

Sorry, but Prii are not everywhere in Dallas. We spent several days there in late Feb. We carted the grandkids around a lot. I did not see a single Prius in the North Dallas area the entire time we were there.:(

abowles 03-20-2006 08:36 AM

Not to worry Rogermy, we're here. I live in Frisco, North of Plano, and see the same 3 or 4 regularly. Not like CA of FL but we're around. I drive a Tideland Pearl '05 with a GreenHybrid rear plate frame. I commute in to North Dallas down Preston Road or the Tollway to the office and across 6 counties any given day quite frequently. I'll be seeing you around. :)