Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Database GH Graphic in Signature

OK folks. I've been trying here to get a graphic up for my signature. I can't see it for my efforts. What's wrong?

Old 04-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Database GH Graphic in Signature

I'm also ready to post my milage

Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: Database GH Graphic in Signature

Follow the directions that finbib linked to, and it should work. Make sure that your Database# appears in both links.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

Thanks to Jason and others for assistance with this cool feature!

Old 04-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast

Now I wish I could get my photo to show next to my signature. I did some digital photo magic to add eyes to my car, above the 'mouth' (grille). I did preview the signature, but the photo did not show up except as letters. If anyone wants to chime in to tell me how to fix that problem, I'd be grateful.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Enthusiast

Any chance to get a 'narrower' version of the image? I'd like to put it in a column on my blog but I need it to be about half as wide as it is to look pretty. So like the MPG underneath greenhybrid.com instead of beside?

Great resource for promoting it. Thanks for the work.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:22 AM
Suz
Treehugger
Default Your mileage banner

Forgive me for being technologically un-savvy, but I cant seem to figure out how to get one of those great banners displaying what the mileage of my car is. So many of you have them... can someone please clue me in?

Thanks much,
Suzanne

Old 05-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Suz
Treehugger
Default Re: Your mileage banner

In hunting around further, I have found the answer to my own question. If anyone else is wondering the same, please visit the following page:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...t=1625&page=10

Old 05-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jason
This is something I've been meaning to do for quite some time, and finally I did it.

This is my personal, dynamic mileage forum signature. When I add a new tank to the database, my signature updates automatically. And, now, you can use it, too!

The server reads the URL for your unique signature, extracts your car ID number, and prints out the current fuel economy rating. To create yours, follow these simple steps:

1. [b]If permitted, copy this HTML code as your signature. If HTML is not allowed, use this URL for your image:and this URL for your link:<<
  2. Paste the HTML code as your signature or, if not permitted, create your signature using the provided URLs.<
  3. Finally, replace the character "#" with your database car ID number in both instances.
    This number can be found in the address of your car's page in the mileage database immediately after "car/". For instance, my address is "greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/car/5-midori.html" and my ID # is 5.
That's it! If you have any quesiton, please let me know. I'll see about creating an automatic code generator to make things a bit easier. Enjoy!
Thanks, Jason- Months of blood, sweat and tears- OVER!

Old 05-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Enthusiast

i think i did it!

oops.... guess not?

ok... it shows up when i add it to my signature and preview it.... but not when i post????????????

aaaaahhhhhhh THERE it is.... do i have to click "show signature" EVERY time?

Last edited by desertbriez; 05-31-2007 at 02:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Mileage Forum Signatures

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands