Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Website Questions & Input (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/)
-   -   Mileage database -- farthest on a tank (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/website-questions-input-29/mileage-database-farthest-tank-1157/)

buzz70 12-09-2004 07:00 AM

I have to admit, maybe I'm one of the few that does like to look at the "farthest on a tank" data. I'm impressed seeing some of the figures, and yes, I do think about "wow, if I only had to fill up every 1,000 miles...that'd be great! And it would only cost me $29..."

I agree that it would be somewhat unfair to have somebody manually do all that. I'd sign up myself to do that, but I'm not sure how people would get their mileage to me. Maybe a button to submit for the farthest? I don't know...

As far as automating, for the hybrids, maybe accepting everything under 1.5 times the advertised tank size. I think everyone who has posted multiple tanks in one entry have surpassed that.

*shrug* I do like the statistic, though.....

Mark

Jason 12-09-2004 08:03 AM

If it appeas they have 25% more in the tank than possible, you think I should keep it??

xcel 12-09-2004 07:39 PM

Hi Jason:

___A regular 11.1 gallon fill is larger then the 10.6 the Insight is spec’ed for and when I fill the vapor recovery tubing, its ~ 14 gallons. I know how to get 14 gallons every time from fumes with a bit of patience so 25% isn’t enough …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Jason 12-09-2004 08:00 PM

Boy, it seems like there's no good solution!!

buzz70 12-13-2004 10:56 AM

You could try tank size * 1.5. I think that most, even if they fill the filler neck, would not go above 50% of the rated size. And, if people enter more than one tank as one entry in the database, it would be more than 1.5 times the tank size.

Mark

Jason 12-13-2004 12:42 PM

I don't really think so... many people fill up when they're about a quarter til empty. Okay, well maybe this is the best solution for now. I'll update when I can.