My 09' is in after 7month wait.. dealer passing on PRICE INCREASE??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default My 09' is in after 7month wait.. dealer passing on PRICE INCREASE??

I know I've read on here that Ford was suppose to honor our pricing if we ordered before the summer price increase ( I ordered in april right after we were allowed to order), my dealer is telling me Ford won't let them hold off price increases on hybrids, shelby's etc....anyone have anything I can back myself up with other than I read it on a forum? Anyone else bought on the original price or anyone had to pay the price increase? If I wanted to pay the price increase I could have bought one off the lot months ago....

Old 10-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Default Re: My 09' is in after 7month wait.. dealer passing on PRICE INCREASE??

Originally Posted by Slick
I know I've read on here that Ford was suppose to honor our pricing if we ordered before the summer price increase ( I ordered in april right after we were allowed to order), my dealer is telling me Ford won't let them hold off price increases on hybrids, shelby's etc....anyone have anything I can back myself up with other than I read it on a forum? Anyone else bought on the original price or anyone had to pay the price increase? If I wanted to pay the price increase I could have bought one off the lot months ago....
Your dealer is trying to rip you off! There was a letter sent to all dealers that explained the price protection of vehicles ordered prior to Aug. 1st 2008. The FEH and MMH was included in price protection in that letter. You must be a member of:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=73 to view that letter in this tread:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...howtopic=27071
There is a link in that tread to view the Ford letter regarding price protection:
http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...e=post&id=7893

They advise you not to pay for the vehicle before getting the price issue resolved.

Good Luck

GaryG

Old 10-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

THank you Gary, that's what I was looking for...was typing an email to my dealer when you posted that..great timing, I'll update when I get a reply.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 AM

THank you Gary, that's what I was looking for...was typing an email to my dealer when you posted that..great timing, I'll update when I get a reply.
Glad I was helpful and remember you can file a dispute with Ford Customer Service to help get this resolved if your dealer still refuses to give you the Ford Price Protected Price. Keep all documents you have.

GaryG

Old 10-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Glad I was helpful and remember you can file a dispute with Ford Customer Service to help get this resolved if your dealer still refuses to give you the Ford Price Protected Price. Keep all documents you have.

GaryG

I agree with Gary...do not pay first...file all your docs and file a dispute with the Ford Customer Service number. Good luck!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Update...dealer says something about not being able to charge me less that the Z plan shows (which is with the increase) so I have to pay that but they will cut me a check for the difference...so technically I'm getting it back...weird but in the end I'm not paying the increase....now I just have to get back there to pick it up, the dealer I use is back near my home town almost 6 hours away from me...will be a nice first drive on the way home though, rolling hills of PA

Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 PM

Update...dealer says something about not being able to charge me less that the Z plan shows (which is with the increase) so I have to pay that but they will cut me a check for the difference...so technically I'm getting it back...weird but in the end I'm not paying the increase....now I just have to get back there to pick it up, the dealer I use is back near my home town almost 6 hours away from me...will be a nice first drive on the way home though, rolling hills of PA
Great Slick, as long as your happy we're happy.

I'd love to drive my '09 in rolling hills because that's where I get my best mileage. Remember to climb with the lowest RPM's as possible and coast in EV in neutral under 40mph on the way down. Get those tires up to max sidewall of 44psi before the long drive and you'll be a very happy owner for life.

GaryG

Old 10-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

"the dealer I use is back near my home town almost 6 hours away from me"---

You must be purchasing this vehicle out of state--not Pennsylvania---and driving it thru the state to where you currently live. Six hours away will enable one to drive across the state of Pennsylvania. This state has more than the rolling hills found around Madison, Wisconsin. I lived in both states.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

I just received my 2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid this past week........WELL worth the wait. I guess I had the great pleasure of having a great salesman and was treated like a queen!

Carol

Old 10-28-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
"the dealer I use is back near my home town almost 6 hours away from me"---

You must be purchasing this vehicle out of state--not Pennsylvania---and driving it thru the state to where you currently live. Six hours away will enable one to drive across the state of Pennsylvania. This state has more than the rolling hills found around Madison, Wisconsin. I lived in both states.
If he has more than rolling hills, my strategy would be the same except shifting to "L" for total fuel-cut with speeds above 40mph on the downhill. The '09 FEH/MMH has total DFSO in "L" at any speed I've seen here on the flat roads of South Florida. That means you are in effect in EV and burning no fuel. I just like the battery to get as much a charge as possible with the brake pedal before shutting off the gas in "L" and DFSO.

In my '05 or my '09 FWD FEH I'm at a disadvantage on flat roads as far as MPG. The hot weather adds to my disadvantage if anyone wants to compare. Cold weather adds to your disadvantege as well. Add cold or hot weather to flat roads is also bad conditions for MPG. Add Ethanol and the worst of all worlds in the MPG propects is the worst. That's what the fools in Florida and other States have mandated. I have no use for those supporting corn ethanol at this time.

GaryG

Quick Reply: My 09' is in after 7month wait.. dealer passing on PRICE INCREASE??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands