Extended Warranty Good!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 06:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Extended Warranty Good!

I own a 2003 HCH with CVT, (VOLTRON), with 74,197 miles; it went to the dealer with the check engine light on and turned out to be the Oxygen Sensor was bad. I had also been noticing the CVT was making an off idle vibration and was told the the off idle clutch in the transmission was going bad. Needless to say the dealer was very nice in ordering me a new transmission and O2 sensor while letting me drive my car; they even gave me a free oil change while checking the engine codes. I sure am glad I got the 5 year 100,000 extended warranty. By the way I've had the CVT fuild change at the dealer three times; every 15,000 miles. Will let you know how it all turns out next week. Mileage has suffered by about 5-8mpg with a bad O2 sensor.

Tony

Old 06-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Extended Warranty Good!

Glad to hear it, keep us updated.

I imagine it was a HondaCare?

Old 06-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just for fun ask what it would have cost to repair without warranty? Let us know. That'll shake up anyone without one.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Enthusiast

My HCH has been at the dealer since Monday, the 12th, and I haven't heard so I called today and they told me that another part had to be ordered... I'll let you all know how this ends up when I get the car back. I sure miss it!!! I'm Driving an 06 Camery and have burn't up over 1/2 tank in 2.5 days

Tony

Old 06-16-2006, 05:39 AM
Enthusiast

Just picked up the car, new tranny fixed the problem, The part they needed was a new motor mount. I will post the billng info to see how much it would have cost me if I did'nt have the Extended Warranty as soon as I get the paper work from the dealer.

Tony

Old 06-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Energy Independence

New tranny and motor mounts, and a new O2 sensor - I'll guess $2600, including labor.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gumby
New tranny and motor mounts, and a new O2 sensor - I'll guess $2600, including labor.
Yea, probably. I would have just asked the guy the figure but heck, let's get the hard copy here.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

New Tranny and Motor Mounts? Plus O2 Sensor? A lot more than $2,600 I would bet...

I'm betting closer to $4,000 at full price (non-warranty). The tranny alone without install probably would be $2,600 retail plus the labor involves taking out the motor and dealing with the IMA linkage...

Easily 16 hours of labor at $100/hour retail.

Wholesale they will probably bill Honda about 1/2 that for labor and the parts come direct from Honda.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

the dealer tried to sell me 6yrs/80k but i ended up convincing him to make it 8yrs/100k. i think theres someone on this forum that got the honda care with 120k. not sure if he/she payed more or not.

but my experience with BMW dealerships have also been great when it came to my warranty claims. ive gotten both window regulators replaced, winshield motor, control arm bushings, oil sensor for example. it also depends on certain dealers on how you get treated.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm scared. I bought my car used with 19k. I'm up to 40k. I wonder if there is anything I can do to keep my tranny healthy?

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty Good!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands