Dead 05 FEH - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Dead 05 FEH - Need Help

Hey guys I need some help on this.

I've owned this FEH for two weeks and I think the car may have a fairly serious problem with it.

I am out on a friend of mine's property and I drove the car earlier today and parked it. When I came back our to the car the ignition is locked and the lights in the car seem fairly dim. I figures the 12v battery got drained so I tried to jump it and it did nothing. We tested the battery with a battery tester my buddy has and it is well into the green on the meter. Also, I've tried making sure the steering wheel lock isn't preventing the ignition from turning on as I've turned the wheel back and forth as I try to turn the key.

Also the key fob doesn't work at all. The door locks seem really slow when I pressed the lock/unlock bottom in the car. Overall the car is acting like it has no voltage but the battery is fine. I've tried two different jumper boxes with no results.

Two other things: I have done some light off-roading in a little mud on his property yesterday. Also, I was able to change the thermostat today as it was previously stuck open. I drove the car around for about an hour afterwards with zero problems.

Please let me know if anyone can offer any insight.

Old 05-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Dead 05 FEH - Need Help

Try this:
Name:  12Vportablepowerpackon05fehjpglarge_zps91417d5d.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  266.2 KB
This is just portable power pack with the negative cable on the metal of the engine compartment and positive onto the same of the FEH battery. Once you hook this up, you should hear the pressurized sound and maybe the lights flash on and off once. The issue is the relay failed to close and prevents the vehicle from operating. If this solves your issue, then always carry the portable power pack with you. Sorry for the blurry photo as photobucket is not operating smoothly.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:15 AM
Enthusiast

My 2006 just did basically this same thing over the weekend.

I know this is an old post but did you ever figure out the culprit on this?

Old 12-19-2016, 11:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Probably this.