HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

2005 dead need advise

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2005 dead need advise

Im at a loss...Im not sure what is going on..Please allow me to lay out what happened in detail....

My A/C Compressor clutch froze so I replaced the A/C unit (broke the clutch bold so just replaced the whole unit)...I put everything back together and all was good in the world..

One day while going down the road I heard something weird but didnt think much of it but then noticed my water temp going up...

I stopped and looked under the hood and found that the tention pully had fallen off..im guessing I over looked tightening it down properly...my fault..

Needing to get it off the road since I was on a busy Highway I drove it less than a half a mile...during that short amount of drive I started having more proplems my engine light came on the IMA light came and the IMA batterys started to die at a rapid pace...It almost appeared or seemed that the motor was running solely on the electric motor...

once I got it to a resonable safe area I stopped and called for a tow..

The car wont start and I have no battery power for the electric motor..

I am at a loss as to what has happened what is wrong...am I looking at a motor replacement or is it something like a simple timing issue? I am at a loss and any advise will be helpful....so please anybody help...

Honda dealer wont even look at it with out charging me $250.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 dead need advise

After doing some reading here I found a "possible" solution....but before I test this solution...will the computer shut things down in the event of major failure like shutting off the fuel?

Old 05-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 dead need advise

Just an update... as I had suspected the computer needed to be rest the car started and running smoothly...now I just need to fox the orginal problem....but thats an easy fix..