coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: coastal lockpick2 out for camry dvd input screen unlocked

looks like this company has a good track record for Lexus and now offering Toyota override solutions:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...more-lockouts/

Old 06-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Old 06-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Enthusiast

looks like 250 to me.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Enthusiast

It works in the same way as the lockpick: GPS is suspended on unlock override. Also there is no video input.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast

I have a home-built speed pulse generator as mentioned earlier in the thread. It sounds like the lockpick2 is doing some similar, except adding the video input but also putting in the built-in restoring of lockdown. My SPG is simply hooked up to a small switch I've installed in my dash cubby, so I can unlock everything as long as needed, until I manually click the switch back over. Having it wired to a button on the steering wheel would definitely be an improvement, but it's not that hard to reach.

I find I rarely unlock it while in motion anymore, for what it's worth.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:58 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by ToutSuite
I have a home-built speed pulse generator as mentioned earlier in the thread. It sounds like the lockpick2 is doing some similar, except adding the video input but also putting in the built-in restoring of lockdown. My SPG is simply hooked up to a small switch I've installed in my dash cubby, so I can unlock everything as long as needed, until I manually click the switch back over. Having it wired to a button on the steering wheel would definitely be an improvement, but it's not that hard to reach.

I find I rarely unlock it while in motion anymore, for what it's worth.
I have the exact same install (SPG on a switch with an LED to show it's on). I use it all the time with no problems. If you are in the bypass mode GPS is a bit off, but in 15-30 seconds after reverting to normal operation it fully recovers. I have tried it on 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 and a hybrid 5.1/7.1 MAP file. I just downloaded the 8.1 and it works great.
For my use, 8.1 is giving me critical new areas that were not in earlier versions although the streets were there for 4 + years. My wife is a Realtor and I back her up, so accurate maps are critical for us.
I'd like the DVD player function and have looked into every solution that I can find, but for $139 I can buy a portable @ Costco or online.
Stick with the SPG and leave the DVD out of the equation to save your sanity and some $$$.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Enthusiast

This “old mans” 2 cents!

I’m an old video nut! I used to live in Michigan and own a place on the beach on Siesta Key – and did lot’s of 18 hour trips, always with videos!

My interest in this product would be strictly for watching movies on long trips – (like I’ve done all my live). I believe driving “watching” a good movie is totally relaxing and SAFE. (Probably much safer than trying to dial a mobile phone number, carry on a complex conversation, or input a GPS destination!), because watching a movie is passive! And actually, you don’t really “watch” the movie much, you mostly listen to it.

I had a number of ways to do this over the years, but mostly it was with portable DVD players just sitting up on the dash. The main problem was trying to HEAR the AUDIO!

I haven’t done a trip yet on my 09 TCH, but when I do, I’m thinking I’ll just prop my portable $80 DVD player (about my 5th one, (when they crap out you just buy a new one)) up on the IP and figure out how to plug the audio output into my Camry I-pod input – so I can HEAR the movie clearly at 75mph.

(An old timers story) – about 10 years ago I was driving this lady (I barely knew) down to Florida and I put the DVD player on the dash and started the movie “Tin Cup”… she got all flustered and said something like, “Oh my God – you’ve seen this movie already, right??” (I guess thinking I was playing it only for her and I would not be actually “watching” a movie while I was driving).

I replied, “Of course not, why would I be showing a movie I’ve already seen???”

We enjoyed a great movie and great – relaxing - trip – staying in the right lane, driving very cautiously, and enjoying that and many more funny movies.