View Poll Results: Do you use your whole foot or just the upper (toes) part to depress the gas pedal?
Mostly whole foot
18.75%
Mostly toes
62.50%
Both
18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

[gas pedal] Whole foot or just toes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Old Boomer Techie
Default Re: [gas pedal] Whole foot or just toes?

Men have a somewhat similar thing, (though less severe), with western boots. I wear boots about 50% of the time, and I do change to my "rally boots" for a long drive. For shorter trips, I find that my heel seems to move to the left, sort of between the accelerator and the brake so that I can gain better control on the accelerator, and I use the toe and ball of my foot on the acceleartor at a slight angle.

I don't think the boots would permit a simple vertical position without the possiblility of catching on the subpanel if I needed to make an emergency stop and hit the brakes fast and hard.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Enthusiast

Heel on the floor and upper foot on the pedal. Have always driven that way and it would feel very uncomfortable to have my entire foot on the pedal.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rmorrow
By mostly toes, I take that to mean the front half of my foot, with my heel resting on the floor, rather than putting my whole foot up on the pedal. I find I have much more control using the "mostly toes" method.
Ditto!