Navigation hidden screens/hacks not working in 7.1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Navigation hidden screens/hacks not working in 7.1?

I've tried the various "hidden" screen access methods (ex. overide Navi use while driving, Bluetooth adjustment, diagnostics, etc.), and they do not work with the 2009 TCH with 7.1 version Navi disc.

Are others finding this?

Old 04-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navigation hidden screens/hacks not working in 7.1?

Originally Posted by mikecism
I've tried the various "hidden" screen access methods (ex. overide Navi use while driving, Bluetooth adjustment, diagnostics, etc.), and they do not work with the 2009 TCH with 7.1 version Navi disc.

Are others finding this?
I know for a fact the override is not there. I am surprised you cannot access the screens. They should be there.

Are there any hidden diagnostics menus (NAV users only)?

Debug mode:

"There's a fun debug / diagnostic mode available in the NAV. Hold down the INFO button then cycle the headlights on, off, on, off, on, off then let go of the INFO button."

Display screen hidden menu:

There is an hidden display screen menu. To access this menu, see this post.

Override menu and other diagnostics:

If you have NAV disc 5.1 or a hacked version of a later disc, you may access the navigation lockout override by:
"Press Menu
(menu screen appears)

Press Volume
(volume screen appears)

Press upper left corner
Press lower left corner
Press upper left corner
Press lower left corner

(Service Menu will appear)"

Old 04-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikecism

Are others finding this?
I have a 2009 with Nav 7.1 and I used both methods of accessing the hidden menu's with no problem. But as mentioned, the overide is not available...

Old 04-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

All the overrides are gone from 7.1 but it does enable the heretofore unknown Ice and Softdrink dispensers.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

has anyone made a 5.1 navi disc with the 7.1 data? it appears all the above threads reference the navi 7.1 but no one states whether they used the original 7.1 disc or a 5.1 disc combined with the 7.1 datafiles. i dont think that toyota would completely remove the service menu as techs in the field would have a legitimate requirement to operate the nav while a vehicle is in motion to troubleshoot and/or try to recreate a reported problem.

Last edited by nyceshirtz; 04-08-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
has anyone made a 5.1 navi disc with the 7.1 data? it appears all the above threads reference the navi 7.1 but no one states whether they used the original 7.1 disc or a 5.1 disc combined with the 7.1 datafiles. i dont think that toyota would completely remove the service menu as techs in the field would have a legitamate requirement to operate the nav while a vehicle is in motion to troubleshoot and/or try to recreate a reported problem.
I don't think anyone has. But if so, I would like to know.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

if anyone has a true backup of a 7.1 disc and/or segregated the 7.1 data files, i'd make a hybrid dvd and give it a whirl. i currently am using the hybrid dvd i made with 6.1 data. i can be reached via email at nyceshirtz at aol dot com.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

I d/l 7.1 from torrent and apparently it is an hybrid, with override function available, that annoying I agree stays in hybrid DVD. Search your torrent search engine.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Professional Hacker

Originally Posted by nyceshirtz
has anyone made a 5.1 navi disc with the 7.1 data? it appears all the above threads reference the navi 7.1 but no one states whether they used the original 7.1 disc or a 5.1 disc combined with the 7.1 datafiles. i dont think that toyota would completely remove the service menu as techs in the field would have a legitimate requirement to operate the nav while a vehicle is in motion to troubleshoot and/or try to recreate a reported problem.
bumping an old one here...

I have made a disc with 7.1 data and the 5.1 system. It does work, but you will need to use a good quality DVD+R DL disc. it took me 4 brands before I found one that would work reliably.

Old 07-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Intrus
bumping an old one here...

I have made a disc with 7.1 data and the 5.1 system. It does work, but you will need to use a good quality DVD+R DL disc. it took me 4 brands before I found one that would work reliably.
Seeing as you're not going to share, I will.

Verbatim is one brand that seems to work well. YMMV

Quick Reply: Navigation hidden screens/hacks not working in 7.1?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands