Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: IMA Fan Runs Constantly after Grid Charger Install

Steve - 1600 & 1433. Thanks...

Old 01-24-2017, 12:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Pull the seats and IPU cover. After letting it sit overnight, check the tap voltages:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...13/#post260232

Old 02-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Enthusiast

I have the same problem with the Max Volts charger. The fan runs whenever the car is on. I contacted Max Volts but they were not helpful. Has anyone resolved the running fan issue?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:05 PM

There are a total of 3 of you on this site alone. I recommend you return for a refund.

Steve

Old 02-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
There are a total of 3 of you on this site alone. I recommend you return for a refund.

Steve
Good advice, unfortunately I am unable to return the charger for a refund. That is why I was hoping to find a resolution to the fan running.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:23 PM

If you paid via credit card, I would assert that you have received a faulty unit, and the seller is not providing support in accordance with their warranty. This is likely a valid position from which to contest the charge.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Enthusiast

Note to anyone who reads post from SKeith above. He is an admitted authorized reseller/installer of the competing product he recommends and is financially compensated by HybridAutomotive which he is in cahoots with for his recommendations for their cheap plastic green chargers that melt in the sun and use cheap Chinese meanwell power supplies. His intent is to try and degrade or devalue any product that does not pay him commissions. So far I have read him post negatively on every other major charger manufacturer in the USA that competes with his affiliation. His intent is to stir the pot and generate sales for his affiliate.

Full disclosure is in the best interest of forum readers and readers beware.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:09 PM

LOL. You're funny. I am an authorized installer of HA grid chargers. That means nothing more than my name appears on a list, and I get a small discount. I have installed two. One I purchased at a $40 discount and passed that discount on to a friend. The other was before I was an authorized installer. I was contacted by someone local to me based on my posts on another forum. He made the decision to purchase it himself.

I much prefer people to buy it themselves, and install it themselves - they learn more about their car and how things work. I don't really like doing it.

In case anyone is confused. I have never received any money from my endorsement of any product on any website by any manufacturer or organization. Period.

To reiterate, if MV offered me $100 just to type their name, I wouldn't do it due to technical issues with their equipment, flawed processes, harmful recommendations and recent issues with people having their fans running full blast after installing MV chargers (indicative of an equipment fault or bad instructions).

I freely recommend HA due to their design and consistency with the best practices established by the pioneer in the field. My goal with each and every recommendation is to help the individual address their issue. HA gets the recommendation.

And since you're spicing each post up with a little variation, I will invalidate your statement. The grid charger sold by Hybrid ReVolt in Arizona is hands down the absolute best charger ever made. It was designed by Mike Dabrowski and labeled the GC01. Mike sold it to Hybrid Revolt, and they continue to offer it for sale on their website. If you have the money, it absolutely, positively can't be beat.

Here is a full disclosure if my financial transactions with HR:
I purchased 2X Chinese sticks from HR to repair my Insight pack, $140
The owner, Matt, delivered a passenger side pillar for my G1 insight that I purchased from Scott of Jue Motors in CA as they frequently go back and forth for various reasons in their respective businesses.

I don't recommend that charger because the price tag is over $1000 when you factor in the discharger and harness - most people aren't willing to spend that on a "maybe it will fix it" guarantee.

I feel special now that I have a stalker... thanks...

Old 02-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Enthusiast

You recommend HA, because they compensate you to do so AND you are listed on their website as a means for additional labor income to line your pockets.

Why else would someone so adamantly recommend a cheap plastic made in china charger using cheap chinese meanwell power supplies, more difficult install, no docking port with locking dustcap, no powder coated charger case, no SOOW oil/water resistant commercial grade industrial 600v 18ga copper wiring, no intermediate cable with CPC locking connectors, no LED ball bearing cooling fan, no programmable charge scheduling w/ internal built in nickel metal hydride rechargeable battery that will retain charger settings even when unplugged, no automatic schedule shut off. Up until recently, HA had no on/off switch! LOL

Apparently HA changed designs to cheap plastic cases and starting having them mass produced in China and can now afford an ON/OFF switch with their lower build plastic case cost.

HA also has a puny 2A 12v power supply, their high voltage supply will max out at only 200v. The maxx volts system manufacturing techniques use crimping, soldering and custom printed heat shrink on gold connections while the HA units use simple crimping and auto parts store connectors that can easily pull out and short.

What I never understood is why they are priced higher than the MV systems, until I realized they have to pay their authorized resellers/installers commissions which makes the consumer get an inferior product at a higher cost. Its a bad deal for anyone considering a HA charger and its why they are so far down in ebay's search results for IMA charger as nobody smart is buying them.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:23 PM

Asked and answered multiple times in multiple threads. Nothing relevant in your post. If $40 motivates you to compromise your ethics, don't judge me by you.

Quick Reply: IMA Fan Runs Constantly after Grid Charger Install

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands