HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Anyone had their car spat on?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Active Enthusiast
Unhappy Anyone had their car spat on?

It happened on my way home from work. I've been trying a new route home this week. The speed limit goes from 35mph to 45mph and there are several stop lights. If you are lucky, you can breeze through most of the lights, otherwise, it's a lot of stop and go. I like it though, because the whole way is fairly flat.

Anyway, I find myself coasting from one light to the next. I'm usually very aware of who is around me, especially behind me. I don't know where these guys came from. They were on my left yelling at me, trying to get my attention. By the tone of the voice, I thought it best to just ignore them. When we reached the next light they got behind me. Of course, I accelerate slowly and now they're honking at me. Then they go around me and as they are passing me, the passenger spits on the hood of my car! When I got to my daughter's daycare I saw that they obviously chew tobacco. It was a large brown splat that streamed down the front of the "grill". Needless, to say, I was dumbfounded.

I never really have a problem with other drivers...until today. This morning, even, I was coasting to a red light and the lady behind me was honking. She tore around and got in front of me. When the light was green she barely moved as if to give me a taste of my own medicine. I didn't mind at all, but geeez!

Take Care,

Jess

Old 05-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned
Default Re: Anyone had their car spat on?

They should be declared emotionally under the age of 16 and have there licences removed.

Then they should be required to submit to therpy to get it back to remind them driving is a privilege.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

Holy crap!!! That's awful!! I've been honked at by truckers and stared down, but never spat upon!! And chaw, too???!! What's up with that? Guess the "spitoon" was full!!

I'm dumbfounded. I don't know what I would have done....

jco

Old 05-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

That's bad. I guess you didn't have a chance to take down the plate of the other guy to call in the road rage/reckless driving incident?

You know, some days are worst than others. Sorry to hear about it. I'm glad your child wasn't in the car to see it happen.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm glad my daughter wasn't in the car as well.

My wife tells me I drive too slow and that I should speed up so as to not upset anyone. She thinks that saving that extra gallon or so of gas isn't worth the road rage. Like I said before, though, this is the first time I've ever encoutered anything like this. I'm sure it won't be the last, but I don't think it will happen that often.

The tobacco spittin' incident really threw me, though. I don't think they were behind me initially. I kinda' felt like it was because I'm driving a hybrid. It was that or because I was wearing a pink dress shirt.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

You know what seems to work for me?

Just pick up your cell phone, raise it, and hold it steady in plain sight of the traffic bully. If you managed to shoot or film them then great, otherwise just make it look like you are taking good snapshots of them. Up until now I've had quite a bit of success with this little trick.
People who are not polite or try to give you the finger seem to predictably pretty much pull it in and get out of your sight in a rush when they realize you probably got a good picture of them.

Cheers;

MSantos

Last edited by msantos; 05-10-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Enthusiast

Take down their license plate number and contact the police to report a road rage incident. The "bullies" will either be paid a personal visit by authorities, or receive a notice that they have been reported. If there are more complaints it will lead to legal action.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The photo thing does work great. Did you miss the memo that it takes a "real man" to pick on a harmless hybrid driver?

Old 05-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure it was the pink shirt

Old 05-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've witnessed this behavior (road rage) on anybody that drives slow, not just hybrid owner. So don't feel they singled you out because of what you drive. We have had numerous discussion on the topic of holding up traffic. The consensus has been to let them by if possible but you won't be able to please everybody so keep your cool as you did.

Quick Reply: Anyone had their car spat on?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands