Oh deer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Oh deer!

A couple of weeks ago, my SIL had an encounter with a deer. It ended up hitting the bumper and coming through the windshield half taking the roof of her car off. The car was totalled by the deer strike.

Over the weekend, another poor Bambi had an encounter with my Silverado. Bambi put a hole in the grill, but otherwise the truck is unscathed except for a few scratches here and there. Looks like no damage behind the grill, thankfully. Glad to be driving a Silverado rather then a passenger car! It could have been worse - there were several brothers and sisters on the road alongside Bambi and I was able to avoid all but one.

Before replacing the grill with another OEM grill, I thought I would check in here to see if anyone had found any particularly interesting replacement grills. It would be nice to have something fairly sturdy to give some protection to the equipment behind the grill. Not a big fan of all silver grills as I have a silver wind screen and silver mirror covers - so don't really need a lot more silver on the front. Suggestions?

Last edited by LakeSilverado; 04-11-2015 at 08:12 PM.