whew, ran over a deer tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:57 PM
my other car is a FJORD
Default whew, ran over a deer tonight

on the way home, on the freeway. i was doing just under 60 when i saw a truck swerve ahead, but couldn't see why. by the time i got close enough to have it register that there was a deer in the road all i could do was slow down and hold on as i went over it. i pulled over, and took a deep breath. two people had him him before i did, so at least i didn't take the full hit.

i took a look underneath and couldn't see any damage, and of course with the nascar front end on the civic, i checked to make sure nothing broke on that front end housing. there were some deer parts on the manifold, but nothing seemed broken.

i asked the DH to check it out when i got home. mostly he laughed when he got done, because the car smelled like a cookout, and there were still pieces of venison. i bet my barn cats are going to spend the night eating off the bottom of the car (instead of walking all over it like they usually do).

scary.........

Old 02-08-2006, 08:14 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: whew, ran over a deer tonight

Laurie;

Wow now that would get any ones Attention, Right Now.

Well your okay and the HCH I is okay. The cats have some work to do to get the Bottom of the car Cleaned up.

All's Well, that Ends Well.

Close Call;

Terry

Old 02-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Default Re: whew, ran over a deer tonight

Be careful starting up in the morning. One of the cats may try to get inside the engine compartment.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:40 PM
my other car is a FJORD

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Be careful starting up in the morning. One of the cats may try to get inside the engine compartment.
i worry about that sometimes. they are barn cats, but i am always finding prints all over the car, i think they sleep in the garage sometimes. they are little stinkers.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

Originally Posted by laurie
i bet my barn cats are going to spend the night eating off the bottom of the car (instead of walking all over it like they usually do).
Ewewwwwwwwww!

Old 02-09-2006, 07:07 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

A barn cat a day, keeps the barn mice away.

Barn cats are tough critters, ya have to admire them.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:21 AM
Banned

laurie,

About ten years ago at 10pm driving thru Yellowstone Park, my CRX grazed "Bambi" trying to cross the road to be with it's parents. It was OK.

Feral cats can be tough...

Now the big guy is "fat and happy"

www.spencerthelion.com

Old 02-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Vegetarian

Aw kitties!

Old 02-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Banned

The big black/white one does not get out, but suffice to say, nobody should worry about him being able to crawl into an engine.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow, I'm glad you're okay. That sounds scary. I guess it makes me feel a little safer in my HCH I that it can handle something like that reasonably well. When my friends have accidents but come out all right, somehow, probably perversely, it makes me think that those cars were pretty safe. A friend of mine was flipped over in his Ford Focus once by a semi, and none of the four people in the car ended up with any injuries worse than whiplash, so I've been impressed by the Ford Focus' safety ever since. Does that sound strange? Anyway, best of luck to you and the kitties and I hope you get a car wash today.

Quick Reply: whew, ran over a deer tonight

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands