tail light tahoe hybrid, no parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 09:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: tail light tahoe hybrid, no parts

U.S. regulations state that the manufacturer has to keep parts and service available for 10 years after the sale.

Somebody blew it big time on this. It may be the dealer or a snafu crossing out of U.S.

GM Part Number 22837838 Internet search will find in many of the "GM Parts Direct" type of web sites

Last edited by Hillbilly_Hybrid; 04-28-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:19 AM
JCS
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply and agreed as it is the same regulations in Canada. However that means nothing (accordinig to AAA/CAA) other that I could sue GM. Small court will not cover the cost of the vehicule (15K max) and going into a regular law suit will be costly and timely. Which still leave me driving a car which is not safe on the roadand frankly I was not aligned with the concept of having my SUV maintain by the court... I have sent a request to the GMpartshop.com via email and have not yet received a confirmation from them since last Friday. The site does not provide a phone # to call but only email (I hate the "spray and pray concept").

Old 05-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

I cracked my tail lamp on my 2009 hybrid Tahoe a few months ago and I found several online GM dealers that had it in stock, if I recall correctly i got it from a Chevy dealer in Texas for like 50% off retail GM price but it still was like $125 bucks.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hybrid-theory
I cracked my tail lamp on my 2009 hybrid Tahoe a few months ago and I found several online GM dealers that had it in stock, if I recall correctly i got it from a Chevy dealer in Texas for like 50% off retail GM price but it still was like $125 bucks.
I am in the same boat although 5 years later. My father is in the market for a 2009 Chevy Tahoe passenger side tail light assembly. I am finding it extremely difficult to find. I've gone on OEM parts websites and they say they have something that fits with a picture of a diagram, but it doesn't look right. Any suggestion or help would be appreciated. Thanks! -Evan

Old 05-03-2020, 02:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dadstahoe
I am in the same boat although 5 years later. My father is in the market for a 2009 Chevy Tahoe passenger side tail light assembly. I am finding it extremely difficult to find. I've gone on OEM parts websites and they say they have something that fits with a picture of a diagram, but it doesn't look right. Any suggestion or help would be appreciated. Thanks! -Evan
this one here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Passenger-T...oAAOSwyaNeQsX8

offer that person like 75$ as new ones can be had for 140$ ea

Old 05-04-2020, 03:28 PM
Enthusiast

Hey thanks I ordered the part! And found more ebay buys (in case it doesn't work out). The one you found has free returns too, so we'll see how it goes. I'll post back if and when the part comes and my Dad and I put 'er on. Thanks.