08 NAV VS. 09 NAV (opinionated)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: 08 NAV VS. 09 NAV (opinionated)

Originally Posted by 08FEH

I am posting this information as MY opinion. If you disagree, SHARE IT, but please don't FLAME it.

Just tryN to help no FlameN here.

When requesting hev info on the 09, you must hit the info button then the hev touch screen button. On the 08 you hit one info button and it went right to the hev screen.

Try hitting the (i) info button twice. I find this easier that trying to hit one button then going and hunting down the touch screen "button" This also works with any hard button that leads to a screen with mutiple "tabs" on the left of the touch screen.

I know it's twice the work from the 08 but it's quicker than the hunt and peck!

The hev screen on the new unit is also delayed compared to the 08. When the ice starts on the 09, there is a delay before the inst econ drops from 60 to actual. On the 08, the inst econ was much more sensative to changes.

Noticed the delay too. "They" keep saying SYNC is upgradeable, so lets see it Ford/Microsoft!

Also, the orange writing on the "home screen" with the 09 is very difficult to see on the blue background. It was light blue or white on dark blue and easy to see at a glance.

I can read the Orange But I can't read the smaller number after the point. 40.6 and 40.8 or even 40.5 all look the same.... yea yea I have bad eyes after a day of reading all the fun stuff on GH.com!

The 08 was a 6 disc, the 09 is only one. Yes we know about the "jukebox" feature. It's a pia to load the music.

Well I did kill my battery, 12v not the big one, just trying to ripp all my CD's onto the HD. All I'm going to say is I still had a great Labor Day!

The sync plays my daughter's ipod fine, but it will not charge it.

Yep I read and noticed that the iPod nano's don't charge/ work well with sync. I have a nano too

With the 08, the time and date always stayed on the "top" info center regardless of the radio being on or off. With the 09, as soon as you turn the radio on the time and date disappear, yet they DON'T show on the radio (without pressing buttons), this REALLY is a step backwards for us.

Have you noticed that the time "stops" when you start a trip and it displays the current time above and to the right. I like that!

The 09 navigation has LESS streets than the 08 did. where streets used to show on the 08, the 09 now says unknown name or something similar.

Well living in the "O.C." of cource they got the streets right here~!

One change we like in the 09 is the three screens in one (we just wish the mpg wasn't in orange). The sync bluetooth phone connect works GREAT with our Motorola Razr v3c. (the hands free part, NOT NOT NOT the voice command part. Asking it to call BOB and having it call DAD is NEVER a good thing (insert panic to hang up before the call goes thru).

I read the SYNC tips. It says if you have a name BOB you'll need to say "call B-O-B on cell" if you spell it Bob or bob in your phone you can say it as such. "Call bob on cell" don't know if you just typed it like that "BOB" or if it's like that in your phone. TRY IT!!

The sirius ALWAYS worked in our 08, it worked for one day on our 09, but we are hoping the new radio on order will fix this and it will last longer!!!

I've been in contact with Sirius about my radio not working after i changed it over to my new account. They have told me "we don't have the codes for the 09's yet, have the dealer put it back in dealer mode" aka free play mode.... I'm going to see the dealer mext weekend.

There are some significant improvements on the 09feh, I don't feel that the nav/sync system is one of them.

Sean
hope some of this helps

Old 09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 NAV VS. 09 NAV (opinionated)

Burns,

How did you log into syncmyride.com?

Not only don't they list the escape, the site also does not recognize escape vin numbers?

Please share your trick with us!

Sean

I was able to register on syncmyride by first registering on the Ford Owner's site. http://www.flmowner.com

Old 09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

WAY2,

You rock man!

1. Two hits on the i works GREAT for HEV...

2. Explain what you mean about the time display thing???

3. Maybe this is what happened to my sirius,, not long after they activated it my ESN and my travel link ESN turned to just dashes on the info screen (----------------)...
Dealer couldn't figure this out and spent an hour on the phone with sirius, then they ordered me a new radio because they have no clue what to do...

How does one get it back into "dealer mode"???

Maybe this will hold me over till they get it figred out???

I am having Hair Nation withdrawals....

Sean

Old 09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: 08 NAV VS. 09 NAV (opinionated)

WAY2,

You rock man! I'm just going to leave this in my reply cuz i like the way it reads....

2. Explain what you mean about the time display thing???

So funny thing I can't fig this one out yet... but here's what I learned so far. If I start a navigated trip. via sync or touch screen. some thing like dest. "home". The top display, where the temp is. will freeze the time I started and continue to display the current real time above and to the left. I have not had any real time to work on this so I don't know if it's a nav thing or a radio thing. All I really know is my best friend and fiancé have asked me "why is your clock off?" I then point out that the display has two times and one is the "start" of the trip.... I know this all reads kinds weird but that's kinda how I feel about the whole thing. It's so weird cuz it's not in any of the FoMoCo paper work and it' kinda doesn't always do it...
I know I'm starting more questions that fixing any!

3. Maybe this is what happened to my sirius,, not long after they activated it my ESN and my travel link ESN turned to just dashes on the info screen (----------------)...
Dealer couldn't figure this out and spent an hour on the phone with sirius, then they ordered me a new radio because they have no clue what to do...

How does one get it back into "dealer mode"???
Well this worries me. Sirius was going to send me to the Dealer because "they can put it back in free play AKA dealer mode" sounds like I'm going to call sirius AGAIN!

Maybe this will hold me over till they get it figred out???
hope so!

I am having Hair Nation withdrawals....

Sean

Old 09-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Burns,

How did you log into syncmyride.com?

Not only don't they list the escape, the site also does not recognize escape vin numbers?

Please share your trick with us!

Sean

I cannot register with syncmyride.com yet either. This is the response I got back from an inquiry regarding this:

"...thank you for your inquiry regarding Syncmyride.com.
2009 Lincoln Mariner, Mercury Milan, Ford Focus and Ford Escape/Hybrid owners wishing to create an account and register their vehicle with the Syncmyride.com website may receive an error message. There is nothing wrong with the VIN# or the Sync System. The Sync web support team will correct this condition in the very near future with a web-page update. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience. "

Old 09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The replacement radio was installed today.
Sirius and travel-link are working.
I am almost afraid to call Sirius and give them my new ESN.
Maybe I will wait awhile..

Old 09-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Maybe I will wait awhile..
I think I would... How long do you have on the initial trial membership? 6 months?

Old 09-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MyPart
I think I would... How long do you have on the initial trial membership? 6 months?
I would wait too.... It's not even that you get six months free. Once Sirius trys to give you the free time. ergo when you give them the ESN num. they will, more that likely not be able to get it to work. Some signal they try to send to the unit is what broke mine.....

GaryG I'll post once I get mine working.... I'm not going the new radio route yet.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: 08 NAV VS. 09 NAV (opinionated)

Good NEWS!

I got a good signal from Sirius two days ago! I now have my own account, off the dealer free account. Everything works ergo Fuel Price, sports scores, bla bla bla.

They said they got the new info from HQ on the 23rd...

PS I got 15 months of Travel Link for my troubles.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

For all you 2009 "sync" Nav radio owners: I was wondering where is the microphone located for the voice activation? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: 08 NAV VS. 09 NAV (opinionated)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands