2006 FEH - Red Triangle of Death/throttle body/airflow issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2021, 03:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 FEH - Red Triangle of Death/throttle body/airflow issue

Yes, the O2 and misfire codes occurred after some number of drives. But the P1A0C code occurred immediately after replacing the battery fans and was accompanied by the symptoms that I'm still seeing (i.e. the difficulty idling, the stalling - but still having electric power to drive with - etc.).

You have me convinced about replacing the O2 sensor and the spark plugs though! And I appreciate the advice. I'm just not as sure that it was clearly stupid of me to look for a cause that was related to the 12v battery being disconnected - since that was what happened immediately before I pulled both the P1A0C code, and was when the above-described symptoms began.

I'll get Forscan running again, replace the O2 sensor, the spark plugs, and do a hard reset of the pcm. Then see where it's at.

Old 01-03-2022, 02:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 FEH - Red Triangle of Death/throttle body/airflow issue

As an update I replaced the O2 sensor and the spark plugs and did a hard reset of the pcm. Unfortunately nothing changed - I still plulled the same error codes and still had the same symptoms.

However, I learned that if I keep my foot on the gas slightly after starting the vehicle - so that I keep it at about 2000 rpms or just a little higher, for maybe 10 or 20 minutes (long enough to thoroughly warm up the engine), then not only do I not have any symptoms while my foot is on the gas, but once the vehicle is warmed up I don't seem to have them in short test drives (I've been afraid to go on long test drives though because of the possibility of getting stuck somewhere). After the vehicle is fully warmed up I also seem to be able to let it idle normally without symptoms either. And if I clear the error codes before I do this, then while I still pull a P1000-FF error code - none of the others appear.

I think that this supports my original idea that my problem is the throttle body. SInce cleaning the throttle body improved - but did not fully address my symptoms - I think my next step is probably to replace it. Does that make sense, or am I sklipping something else obvious that I should try first?

Thank you!