2008 FEH vs. 2007 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 FEH vs. 2007 FEH

Originally Posted by WaltPA
The Owners Manuals for both the FEH, on page 67 and the MMH, on page 68, describe the steering wheel audio controls. So, I assumed that with the right radio, it came with them. Maybe not?
It could be something they intend to add later, but at this time it is not available for order. I went through the whole order sheet and went back and forth with the dealership just to make sure.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: 2008 FEH vs. 2007 FEH

Originally Posted by playit12
As for the tax credit... the new tax credit for the 2008 FEH FWD is $3,000. As I understand it, the actual amount will vary somewhat depending on your tax catagory (though I have no idea how or why). You are right that some car manufacturers (Toyota) have hit the 60k sales mark and thus those car owners are only elligible for 50% of the credit value. However, Ford has only sold something like 8k and therefore is still eligible for the full credit until that changes. All the latter information is availble on the IRS website.
I think the number for Ford is closer to 20,000 units sold. As for the tax credit, it bears investigating because I only received $1100 of my $1950. It turns out that with child credits, and tuition credits, and this credit, and that credit,....if all your credits drag your total tax payment down below what your Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) would be (even if you are NOT paying the AMT) then you stop getting credit dollars.

I believe I saw a tan interior on a tan/brown painted 07 FEH at the dealer - but it was strictly 100% 'Dark Grey Flint' for the 05 and 06s. Looks like the 08 is back to only one interior color.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Looking at the website pics (see attachment), it looks like the vehicles with the sun roof will no longer be getting the overhead console with the map lights. Instead, it comes with the same overhead console that was used on non-sun roof vehicles.
That's probably a good thing since the one in the previous model was a piece of crap. It vibrates so much I put some rubber tabe around it to silence it.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glennb
I think the number for Ford is closer to 20,000 units sold. As for the tax credit, it bears investigating because I only received $1100 of my $1950. It turns out that with child credits, and tuition credits, and this credit, and that credit,....if all your credits drag your total tax payment down below what your Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) would be (even if you are NOT paying the AMT) then you stop getting credit dollars.
Up here education credits can be carried over to future years. Maybe something to look into. This works only for the person concerned and not if they were to transferred to a parent or spouse. My wifey is still sitting on a few tho in credits from more than seven years ago.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 02-28-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:03 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LynchMob
Up here education credits can be carried over to future years. Maybe something to look into. This works only for the person concerned and not if they were to transferred to a parent or spouse. My wifey is still sitting on a few tho in credits from more than seven years ago.
If I understand the Hybrid credit, it requires you to take all other credits first, and only if there is anything left over (you haven't dropped to below the AMT level), then you can take the Hybrid credit. So, one can't differ other credits in an attempt to get more of the Hybrid credit.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

If I understand the Hybrid credit, it requires you to take all other credits first, and only if there is anything left over (you haven't dropped to below the AMT level), then you can take the Hybrid credit. So, one can't differ other credits in an attempt to get more of the Hybrid credit.
That's sucks My theory on taxes is that they always give a little back each year just to leave on a high note. The majority of people focus on the $1k in refund while forgetting about the $20k the government grabbed over the year.

It can be worse though...Imagine having the government of Canada as your employer http://www.cnw.ca/fr/releases/archiv.../23/c3889.html

Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

It could be something they intend to add later, but at this time it is not available for order. I went through the whole order sheet and went back and forth with the dealership just to make sure.
I think you may be right. In the '08 FEH I saw, that apparently had all features, I did not see radio controls on the steering wheel, which surprised me. But I did observe that the cruise control buttons were now all on one side of the steering wheel - meaning that there is potentially room to add in the radio controls on the other side. As other Escape models have this feature, maybe the FEH will have it soon.

This, however, is a relatively minor issue for me. I have radio controls on my Saturn now and often I forget about them and reach for the radio anyway! Plus, I use my iPod for longer distances, so radio controls are limited there (only volume). However, as Ford has now packaged Sirius Satellite with the moonroof (for some odd reason), my guess is that steering wheel controls will be forthcoming.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by doctoru2
However, as Ford has now packaged Sirius Satellite with the moonroof (for some odd reason), my guess is that steering wheel controls will be forthcoming.
Isn't is obvious? You need the moonroof for "satilite access" ... They are in space you know..

Old 03-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think there is some misinformation on this thread... Here is the stuff I think might be wrong...

The stearing wheel audio controls are only available as an upgrade on the Limited (non-hybrid) model. They are not available on the Hybrid.

The previous interior was the 'Flint' the new one is called 'Stone' and it is the only interior option available again. While Flint was more grey, the Stone is a blend between grey and Khaki. It actually looks better in my opinion.

As for the tax credit... the new tax credit for the 2008 FEH FWD is $3,000. As I understand it, the actual amount will vary somewhat depending on your tax catagory (though I have no idea how or why). You are right that some car manufacturers (Toyota) have hit the 60k sales mark and thus those car owners are only elligible for 50% of the credit value. However, Ford has only sold something like 8k and therefore is still eligible for the full credit until that changes. All the latter information is availble on the IRS website.

Two more things... the New Nav sys on the 2008 does away with the seperate CD change and instead is in dash like the non-Nav 6 Disc changer. I believe it also plays MP3 Cds now, though I have no tested this.

Also of note, the new Escapes have the Side Curtain Airbags as a standard feature now. This was an upgrade on earlier versions.

I ordered my 2008 FEH today and I do want to thank the people on this board who have been so helpful. This was the only place on the internet that really answered the question about MP3 CD compatability.

Oh, the new Green Color is pretty ugly. I didn't see the new Hybrid exclusive Ice Blue. I went with the Vista Blue.
Thanks for additional clarification. As I wrote in my prior post, I did not observe the steering wheel radio controls either, so you provided verification that I'm not completely blind.

As for the tax credit, I have no other credits (education) at this point, but if I can get one for next tax year, that will be a nice bonus!

If the interior color of the Red Metallic '07 FEH I saw late last year was not pebble/tan, then I'm not sure what color to call it. People are insisting that flint is the only color. Maybe to my eyes, flint looked tan??? But I do agree that the new color is nice - I just wish there were more options.

Lastly, I fully agree - that green color is heinous! So is that baby blue one. If I were to get one now, I might go with black or the black pearl.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by doctoru2
Lastly, I fully agree - that green color is heinous!
Kermit the frog, green????

Quick Reply: 2008 FEH vs. 2007 FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands