Block Heater/Batt Heater Canadian Models

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Block Heater/Batt Heater Canadian Models

With those low low temps not too far off here in the great north I'm wondering, in the Canadian model FEH does anyone know if the block heater package also includes heating the battery, or will I have to see to that myself?

Old 09-07-2008, 07:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Block Heater/Batt Heater Canadian Models

Ford Motor Company included this as standard equipment in the "cold-northern states" of the United States. It was available as an option-41H-for others. The 2005 thru 2007 models did have the connection to the hybrid battery warmer--it is inside the steel metal case--Name:  fordinternalbatteryheater-1.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  138.5 KB

There is a wire from the hybrid battery case to under the radiator coolant containers on the passenger side of the engine compartment that connects to the 41H option. This wire was missing in the 2008 version but...
Name:  2008FEHhybridconnection.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  54.0 KB
a recent post here reveals there still is a connection to the jump starter/hybrid battery heater but.....it is unknown if this still works the hybrid battery heater. One pulls up/away the cargo carpet to see this connection.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

I live in Ontario & the engine block heater came installed from the factory on my 2008 & although it has the connection shown, there are no wires connected to it -- just weird .

Here is a photo I posted in the share area comparing mine (lower part of photo) to a printout of a photo posted by someone else:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/showimage.php?i=2919

I have stuck my fingers as far underneath things & cannot find a loose wire/connector.

H

Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 PM

This is what my 2005 FEH looks like:
fordinternalbatteryheater2.jpg?t=1220997370

This is what Hugoland's FEH 2008 vehicle looks like:
Name:  FEH2008hybridbatteryheaterwireharne.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  26.2 KB

This is what Luke1975 2008 FEH looks like:

Why the difference between the 2008 models? Is it because one is Canadian and the other USA version? Hugoland-can you show these photos to your dealer and ask for the 41H option to be installed?

Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info and pics. Just rushed out to the garage, grab flashlight, lift carpet, for a look. Yup, just like as the pics, there was the connector and wires next to the bigger one. I'll be needing that for the temps we get around here!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good idea Billyk, because the dealership is over an hour away, I will put the pictures into an e-mail to the fleet manager (he's the resident hybrid guru there) & ask some questions about the 41H option & the difference in my FEH.

Also, I PM'd another Canadian (Valiant Indecision who is in Alberta) & asked him to check out his 08 FEH connection/wiring at the rear battery & report back to this thread.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the note Hugo - I just checked and I don't have the wire either. Just like you there's a connector there but nothing leading to it.

I'm interested to hear what the FORD response is to questions on this.

So, what's the next step? Should I be going back to my dealer and having this installed?

Pic attached to confirm...

Old 09-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the post Valiant Indecision.

For comparison sake, we should be asking owners of 2008 FEH from the states where the Block Heaters were installed as a factory option to check their set-up.

"ENGINE BLOCK HEATER
Standard and only available in AK, MN, ND, SD, MT, WI and WY
states. Other states available via FCSD
NOTE: Fleet Only – Engine block heater optional in all states
with valid FIN code."

Anyone out there ?

Also, here is some more stuff I came across, so I'll share these two borrowed photos from

http://www.eaa-phev.org/wiki/Escape_PHEV_TechInfo

that show the outer (lower right of 1st picture) & inner (upper left of 2nd picture) connections :

Old 09-10-2008, 03:10 PM

I'm in SC and have the connector AND wire. I do not have the block heater. My '08 is a unit without the steering wheel audio controls (Job 1?).

I'm interested to see if there is a correlation between those without the wire and with the steering wheel audio controls (Job 2?).

Old 09-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have a "Job 2" 2008 with the steering wheel audio controls. My purchase was made in Boston, MA April 25th. I wen out and pulled the rear seat down and lifted up the rug and found mine was missing the harness and wire o the hybrid battery heater idential to the following picture I copied from above. Hope this helps. Does anyone know if this means that I can or cannot get the an engine block heater (EBH) & battery warmer installed from a dealer?

Name:  FEH2008hybridbatteryheaterwireharne.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  26.2 KB

Quick Reply: Block Heater/Batt Heater Canadian Models

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands