Brake Failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Brake Failure

My 2008 FEH has only 2000 mi (purchased in Nov. '07). Execept for the defect in the ABS module the car has perfomed well...so far.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Go out and make some VERY aggressive stops from 60 mph, try to lock the brakes up. This will cause the ABS system to fully function and purge any old fluid from the module. It will also fully test the system. If you do not get an ABS light after that and the brakes dont lock up above 35 mph then most likely it is safe to drive. you my be having a failure that is just not detectable.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Enthusiast

Will do....when I get my car back from service.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Barry2557 that was not for you, that was for the guy posting about his different sound and no problem found from the dealer. When yours is fixed you want to MAKE SURE the brake pedal is not "soft" or "spongy"(way different than before) that would indicate air is still trapped in the system.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Enthusiast

Sorry about the confusion, I thought that post was for me. I think I'll try it...sounds like a good idea and it probably won't hurt to try (unless my brakes fail). You would think that its a good way to make sure my ABS sytem is working???

Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Brake Failure

Sorry about the confusion, I thought that post was for me. I think I'll try it...sounds like a good idea and it probably won't hurt to try (unless my brakes fail). You would think that its a good way to make sure my ABS sytem is working???

Old 05-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

that will test the system might also put it in neutral to eliminate regen

Old 05-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Brake Failure

Got my car back on Friday and everything seems to be working fine. They replaced the ABS module and bled the brakes. If anything else happens, I will update the thread!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Enthusiast

Mark-
Frankly, I am little nervous about the 60+hard braking-it is an SUV,
after all, and I don't think I have a problem with the brakes themselves,
its a solenoid or sensor controlling the regenerative system. I'm
extremely frustrated that the dealer blew me off as an hysterical
woman driver and assures me that the noise is normal, when I know
it has changed in the past few weeks. Still hoping someone else has
experienced something similar.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Enthusiast

Hello !
First of all, I find this website very helpful, thank you.
I picked up my long researched and searched for FEH Saturday night, about 180 miles from where I live. It made the drive back without a problem, aside from a little hydroplaning in pouring rain. It was perfect, the options I really wanted and a beautiful color. Sunday I drove it to the grocery store, had to brake quite hard because someone pulled out in front of me, no issues, braked without a problem. I pull out of the parking lot of the store, come to a halt at a stop sign, push the gas pedal to go and the car stalls! No power, nothing. Couldn't brake. So I am rolling, trying to start the car, realize that you cannot start the car without being in park and put it in park still rolling a little bit. I know this was bad, but I panicked a little, had my toddler with me.. cars coming etc. SO, the car starts up but I still have NO brakes, the ABS light is on, the REGEN BRAKE FAILED (or so) was on, the BRAKE! sign was on as well. So I pulled into a parking spot and called the Ford Roadside service, they came out right aways and towed it to the Mercury dealer in town, where it's been since. Today is Wednesday and they said they have looked at it once.... NOW my dilemma: I LOVE THIS CAR!! BUT I don't know if I can trust it. Like I said, I have a child and bought the FEH thinking I would be safer in it than a Prius. HA! I have read a lot about brake failure on the FEH since it has happened to me. Has anyone had any success getting their issues fixed? Are these cars really reliable or just ticking time bombs? My husband wants to get Ford to buy the car back and I guess they are thinking about it. Any idea if there is a recall coming, IMO there should be but then I don't know anything about cars.
Please share your input, I am starting to get rather desperate. I mean, this is ridiculous, I bought my brand new $310000 car 5 days ago, and four days of those five it's been in the shop! Gives a new meaning to Found On Road Dead!!! I also have an F150 supercrew BTW that I love and after 95000 miles, it is still just as perfect as the day I got it brand new. NEVER had a single issue with it!
Thanks Again for all the great info.
ANNIE

Quick Reply: Brake Failure

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands