Check out it out! It's a hybrid!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Check it out! It's a hybrid!

Ever been cruising down the highway and notice the passengers in the car next to you craning their necks trying to check out your hybrid? It seems to happen frequently to me, on the highway or at the pump. People are curious about these things. Heck some of them stretch their necks so hard they can read my dash board. There really is only one thing they want to know: How many MPGs are you getting? When I show people my AVG MPG display and it reads 37.x most get dizzy…

I think we should talk to the nice folks at scan gauge and make life easier for them. Here is what I want them to do… Create a wireless OBD reader and a large LCD screen displaying my AVG MPGs. This large screen should seal to the back of my SUV via a magnet. Think how easy it will be for all those that wish they were behind your wheel. Every time they see me accelerate they can watch it go from 37.4 to 37.3. Every time I coast they can watch it go from 37.4 to 37.5…

Cris

Last edited by cshupp; 10-30-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:20 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Check out it out! It's a hybrid!

You are not alone. If you build one, I know of dozens of buyers, and even one commercial company that will buy dozens from you in one order.

I've been thinking for some time those LED array moving message boards are pretty cheap, but always need to be pre-programmed. So I could show off my average, or last tank average, but something "live" showing 9999 MPG when I'm in EV or 240 MPG when I'm coasting downhill would be cool.

If you built it, they WILL come ( and buy ).

-John

Old 10-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've stripped my FEH of all of its 'HYBRID' badges. I agree, its fun to go around in EV in parking lots and get funny looks. Or it's also fun when other FEH drivers sneer, thinking I'm driving an 'ordinary' Escape.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

I bet there are a few people lurking on this list that would buy those badges from you. The ones of us with 2008s that only came with one "HYBRID"

Originally Posted by D-mac
I've stripped my FEH of all of its 'HYBRID' badges. I agree, its fun to go around in EV in parking lots and get funny looks. Or it's also fun when other FEH drivers sneer, thinking I'm driving an 'ordinary' Escape.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:08 AM
HEV's are your friend

People in EMS/Rescue are scared of vehicles like that when they lose all of their Hybrid badging...its something we look for when the vehicle is wrapped around a tree.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EOppie
People in EMS/Rescue are scared of vehicles like that when they lose all of their Hybrid badging...its something we look for when the vehicle is wrapped around a tree.
I've been there, done that (multiple rollover in debadged FEH)! Maybe I'm just selfish, but I liked it that nobody seemed to care about hybrids when I was upside down.

Last edited by D-mac; 10-31-2007 at 03:01 PM. Reason: missed post
Old 10-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Why? That makes no logical sense.

All you need to do is look for any exposed, day-glow orange cables.
If the cables were compromised and grounded to chassis, the fuse would be blown and you would have no live power.

Originally Posted by EOppie

Old 10-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Does nothing to hide your vented driver's side rear window glass... There are other things for first responders to look for, BTW.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
You are not alone. If you build one, I know of dozens of buyers, and even one commercial company that will buy dozens from you in one order.

I've been thinking for some time those LED array moving message boards are pretty cheap, but always need to be pre-programmed. So I could show off my average, or last tank average, but something "live" showing 9999 MPG when I'm in EV or 240 MPG when I'm coasting downhill would be cool.

If you built it, they WILL come ( and buy ).

-John
I'd love a green LED array that said "In the Green" while in EV mode. "live" MPGs would be cool too.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

ditto.

http://www.amazon.com/Roadmaster-Scr.../dp/B000MTSSIK
-or-
http://www.amazon.com/Roadmaster-Scr...904503-4589768

Comes with a remote.

(Not hawking it, or even giving it props, as I've never seen or used one. But it caught my eye some time ago on Amazon, and when I searched for it just now, it's still available.)

Last edited by GeekGal; 10-31-2007 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Check out it out! It's a hybrid!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands