Cold temperature effect on TAV and BTM

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: Cold temperature effect on TAV and BTM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
My point, in light of many of your posts in several threads is, you are not a very well educated person.

Otherwise, Wind Chill Factor is a man-made estimate ( formula ) to approximate how fast heat leaves a human body. No one can agree on the specific formula, and even the National Weather Service revised their formula a few years ago.

HOWEVER, Wind is a heat conveyor belt. The faster the wind, the faster it pulls heat out of any warm object. Plant, Animal, Mineral, or engine block.
Wind does affect the cooling or "chilling" of inanimate objects.
Evaporation speeds up cooling even more, but is not required to have a wind chill effect.

The published "Wind Chill Factor" tables are for humans. They can do this because all humans have pretty much the same normal temperature for reference... the same normal operating temperature.
There is a wind chill effect on all objects, to various degrees, until they reach ambient temperature.

Your car, when running, is a "warm blooded object" for all practical purposes, and remains so, until it reaches ambient temperature.
One blows on soup to cool it! It can only cool to ambient temperature. Wind can't make your vehicle any colder than OAT.

You just can't stand anybody that doesn't agree with some of your incorrect statements!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Exclamation Re: Cold temperature effect on TAV and BTM

Point to one incorrect statement, and I'll mail you $100.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: Cold temperature effect on TAV and BTM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Point to one incorrect statement, and I'll mail you $100.
In any thread??