View Poll Results: What is the color of your Ford/Mercury Hybrid?
Oxford White
3.61%
Vista Blue Metallic
6.02%
Tungsten Grey Metallic
12.05%
Black
15.66%
Kiwi Green Metallic
8.43%
Black Pearl Slate Metallic
8.43%
Light Ice Blue Metallic
14.46%
Dark Shadow Gray
8.43%
Silver
10.84%
Dune Pearl
2.41%
Redfire Metallic
8.43%
Charcoal Beige Metallic
1.20%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Color of Your Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Color of Your Hybrid

Down with dull colors! Vista Blue, easiest car to spot in a parking lot!

JG

Old 07-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Charcoal Beige Met here, but not on the poll's list (yet).

Old 07-02-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by jginaz
Down with dull colors!
I agree. Why all the boring colors?

Does Ford think hybrid owners are all ultra conservatives? Why so many pastels and gray tones?

Why no off-roading yellow? Or even that copper-orange color, Ford features on their new Edge?

My MMH, is my first new car ever, where I had to settle for the color I hated least.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Charcoal Beige Met here, but not on the poll's list (yet).
Added.

Originally Posted by WaltPA
I agree. Why all the boring colors?

Does Ford think hybrid owners are all ultra conservatives? Why so many pastels and gray tones?

Why no off-roading yellow? Or even that copper-orange color, Ford features on their new Edge?
Because us FEH owners complained about them.

We used to have colors like Sonic Blue, whatever yellow, but they didn't sell as well as the other calmer colors according to their statistics. We told them firsthand that we found the colors offensive to the eyes, and that's probably why they're selling so poorly. Several of us (The FEH owners who had been invited out to Ford) flat out stated that they generally liked the colors, but not the loud colors that Ford was offering.

Then, for 2007 - Present, the colors have been more dull and earth toned, in accordance to our complaints.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 07-02-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have the Tungsten Grey, and it sort of fell into my lap. I was looking for an FEH and my only requirement was no white. There were only grey ones around. I miss my Redfire Metallic Escape, but the grey is pretty--it looks like about five different colors depending on the light. Also, it's hard to tell when he needs a bath!

Old 07-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Anyone have some pictures of a Light Ice Blue Escape??

Why oh why did Ford take the silver color option away from the Hybrid??? What do they have against silver? And that other beautiful color offered - Light Sage metallic, offered ONLY on the non-hybrid Escape. Those would be my first two picks (actually only two colors I actually like). The other colors? - Tungsten grey looks purple in most lighting situations. The Black Pearl Slate color looks like a dulled out black. And then there is that nasty green color. White does the car no justice. And Vista blue - TOO LOUD. The only color I have not seen in person is the Light Ice Blue. The dealers have told me it's like a Baby blue, but all the pics I've seen online make it look like a silver. Anyone have a pic to share? Maybe shown in different light? The Tungsten Grey doesn't look purple in any brochure, but it looks very purple in person.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Then, for 2007 - Present, the colors have been more dull and earth toned, in accordance to our complaints.
OK, now I know who is to blame for such dull color offerings.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by queenfan
I miss my Redfire Metallic Escape, but the grey is pretty...
Just out of curiosity, would you have went with Redfire again with your '08 Escape if it was on the lot?

Personally, I try to not repeat colors in a row. If I did, the neighbors would never know I got a new car.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:20 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

TC,

The black slate isn't black at all really.. It's a charcoal gray with ALOT of metallic in the paint.
I NEVER thought I would buy a dark colored vehicle living in FL, but once we saw the black slate, we were hooked. If you haven't seen one in person, it's worth a look.

The vista blue is in fact like a powder blue. As you said, a baby blue.

I have several in the sun shots of the black slate, but I am not sure how to put a big one in this post, sorry! I'll give it a shot...

Sean

Old 07-13-2007, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by queenfan
the grey is pretty--it looks like about five different colors depending on the light. Also, it's hard to tell when he needs a bath!
That is certainly an advantage. I had an 05 FEH that was dark metallic gray & that was MUCH easier to keep looking good/clean than my vivid black (not the pearl black which is kind of a charcoal gray color) 06 FEH although the black is absolutely killer after I Zaino it.........

~John

Quick Reply: Color of Your Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands