Concrete Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Concrete Seats

Originally Posted by WaltPA
On my MMH, there is a rather large **** on the console side of the driver's seat back, that provides for manual lumbar support.
I was about to post the same thing.

As for comfort....well, I thought the seats in my '01 Grand Cherokee Limited were fantastic. My wife still talks about how great they were. One of the reasons we looked at the Liberty when we were shopping was her hope that the seats would be comparable to the GC. They weren't. I sure do miss that vehicle....except for the 15mpg city that is.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

On my MMH, there is a rather large **** on the console side of the driver's seat back, that provides for manual lumbar support.
Too bad they don't sell Mercury in Canada (or Quebec at least).

rcomeau

Old 11-11-2006, 04:46 AM
Enthusiast

Don't forget that the U in SUV has a meaning. This isn't a plush mode of transport. In time all seats break in, but they're designed to take a beating from all size occupants in all styles of driving. If they weren't firm, there would be a bigger safety issue. I do find my '07 FEH leather seats stiff too,and in need of Lumbar adj.,but I'm hoping at my size,(6'3" ***#) and a few thousand mi. they'll break in a bit.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:07 AM

Sorry the seats don't seem to suit you. No worries here. We've taken our FEH on two trips from San Antonio to Dallas, TX (4.5 hours) and even now that I'm pregnant the vehicle's seats (front and rear; I have ridden in both) suit me just fine. Also, no negative comments from my passengers (inlaws, so I bet they'd mention it if they were uncomfortable, since this is *my* car and the one I picked out, though hubby loves it equally well.)

Seems more comfortable to me than my 1992 Toyota Corolla but I guess that might not be saying too much considering those seats didn't adjust nearly as much as the FEH's do.

Most of my daily drives are easily 30 minutes so I don't think it's just that I don't take long trips frequently enough to notice any issues; I should be feeling it daily now!

Old 11-11-2006, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by kenest6
I do find my '07 FEH leather seats stiff too,and in need of Lumbar adj., ...
So the FEH, even with the Premium/Leather seats, does not come with the lumber adjustment like the MMH ???

Old 11-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

Amazing. I guess it's possible that these seats are somehow defective, but I doubt it. These are the cloth seats, not leather. Is it possible that the leather seats are not as firm as the cloth ones?

It was time to trade my Jeep Grand Cherokee, with heated leather seats, in for something with substantially better mileage. I knew the Escape cloth seats were firmer than the Jeep but assumed I could adjust. Big mistake.

Dick

Old 11-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Enthusiast

So the FEH, even with the Premium/Leather seats, does not come with the lumber adjustment like the MMH ???

Not on mine. The Lumbar Support is already sticking out a foot and a half (a slight exaggeration) and there's no way to reduce it without a Sawzall.

Dick

Old 11-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Sorry the seats don't seem to suit you. No worries here. We've taken our FEH on two trips from San Antonio to Dallas, TX (4.5 hours) and even now that I'm pregnant the vehicle's seats (front and rear; I have ridden in both) suit me just fine. Also, no negative comments from my passengers (inlaws, so I bet they'd mention it if they were uncomfortable, since this is *my* car and the one I picked out, though hubby loves it equally well.)

Shannon, Just wanted to express a quick Congrats on the "expected little one"

Old 11-15-2006, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by rihavo
Shannon, Just wanted to express a quick Congrats on the "expected little one"
Thank you! She is due April Fool's Day (April 1st -- no foolin'!)

We're halfway through the pregnancy as of a couple days ago... time flies, and I suspect that will just increase once she's here!