Cruise control--is an indicator supposed to show if it's on or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cruise control--is an indicator supposed to show if it's on or not?

John, don't just post the results....take some pics of the process so we can all benefit from your venture.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 PM

Just be careful if you have side curtain air bags, as you'll be working near/around them by doing this type of install, I would assume.

PS: The headliner must be removable without ruining it because my favorite Ford dealership just had to dig around in there to diagnose and resolve a sunroof leak and sunroof rattle issue I'd been having. I don't know that they actually removed it or pulled it back, but they definitely we working near/around it. It doesn't look any different, other than a couple tiny grease smudges (from the sunroof track) I had to carefully clean when I got the vehicle home... (got 'em out, thank goodness!)

Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tim K
1. The indicator, as you said, is the "Speed control On" message that is displayed in the gauge cluster message center. I'm not sure what else you want.
I want it to say something like "Speed Control On" when the speed control is 'on', but not yet set. And something like "Speed Control Engaged" when it is actively controling the speed.

With a text display, there is no real reason to not provide details.

Last edited by WaltPA; 01-22-2007 at 01:11 PM.