Did you get these in the mail?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Did you get these in the mail?

I got my Escape on July 7th and have yet to receive any surveys. I would go for one of those hybrid stickers though, what do they look like? Could use a Kermit sticker

Old 08-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leoashton
I got my Escape on July 7th and have yet to receive any surveys. I would go for one of those hybrid stickers though, what do they look like? Could use a Kermit sticker
It's just a silly little (credit card size) sticker (not the sticky kind, the plastic clinging kind) of the leaf on the raod emblem, and under it says "this hybrid vehicle was build by Ford with no global emmissions" or something close to that.

What I want is a huge HYBRID embelem to hang on the front fenders; since the leaf & the V6 look the same from more than 5' away . Also trying to figure out how to make a neon/led sign to put on the roof, maybe in the back windows, that says "I'm getting XX Mpg, how about you?!"

Old 08-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
It's just a silly little (credit card size) sticker (not the sticky kind, the plastic clinging kind) of the leaf on the raod emblem, and under it says "this hybrid vehicle was build by Ford with no global emmissions" or something close to that.

What I want is a huge HYBRID embelem to hang on the front fenders; since the leaf & the V6 look the same from more than 5' away . Also trying to figure out how to make a neon/led sign to put on the roof, maybe in the back windows, that says "I'm getting XX Mpg, how about you?!"
Off topic, but I also liked the hybrid badges on the side of the 07s and earlier instead of just the logo on the 08s. I'd guess one could just order those as a part and affix similarly? You did get the one color specific to hybrid, but one would have to know that huh?

If I remember correctly they put that leaf badge on the Rangers and other "lower" emission vehicles years back... I guess Kermit's head would have been too cute for this un-cute ute.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Enthusiast

In BC, you can get a license plate holder with LED display that can show off messages.

Duncan

Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 AM

Off topic, but I also liked the hybrid badges on the side of the 07s and earlier instead of just the logo on the 08s. I'd guess one could just order those as a part and affix similarly? You did get the one color specific to hybrid, but one would have to know that huh?

If I remember correctly they put that leaf badge on the Rangers and other "lower" emission vehicles years back... I guess Kermit's head would have been too cute for this un-cute ute.
I thought I saw Hybrids on some fenders, guess I need to buy some, about 50

I keep forgetting these are "new" embelems, that just stick on, not like my '66 Stang had that actually screwed on! Metal on Metal, those were the days...

PS isn't the leaf same/similar to the Flex Fuel symbol? Like what you said on the ranger, I think tarus had them too.

Last edited by 08hybridok; 08-30-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:11 AM

I do like the fact the of the color options, the one we liked best is a Hybrid only color but like you said, you'd have to know that to know.

Anyone know a place online to buy the Hybrid badges? I searched ebay, and only see Toyota & Honda embelems. I really think I will buy a pair, now to decise if I stick on fender near the leaf, on on the door near the Escape badge.... hummmm or just get 4 of them and stick at both places

Old 08-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Anyone know a place online to buy the Hybrid badges?

Search for a thread here called "Debadging a hybrid." I don't remember if it was in the FEH forum or one of the more general ones, but owners were discussing removing their hybrid badges so that their slow driving ways didn't give hybrids a bad name. Those people might have badges they are ready to part with.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:14 AM
08 MMH 4WD

I'm sure you could also order them through your dealer, just pick the MY you want them from.