Excited..

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Enthusiast
Red face Excited..

Hey everyone, I just came across this MB from a google search. Saturday I finally get my 1st hybrid. I am picking up a Black MMH (I think thats how you guys do that). I got it fullly loaded. Leather trim, Hybrid Prem, 6 way power seat, moon and tune, roof rack, dvd system, 110v outlet, etc... I cant wait.

I guess since im a n00b here I'd just say hi and wondering what i should be on the lookout for when getting the truck etc..

Anyway thanks!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Excited..

Congratulations!!! Do you mind me asking about the price? I am just curious how much the dealers are negotiating on these cars because of their limited availability. Thank you

Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congratulations... I know you'll love your MMH just like we all do. I suggest you read the FAQ and other post on here as you have time and feel free to post if you have any questions.

Get ready to have some fun with your new toy!

Last edited by MyPart; 11-29-2007 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Enthusiast

I paid 34k. but thats with a 5 year 100k ext warr I think i paid fair how bout you guys?

Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 AM

The most important thing to realize is that there is a BREAK-IN period with these vehicles. No matter what you try you will not get as good gas mileage, you will not get into EV mode or stay for as long as others, until there are about 3,000mi on the odometer. Don't be discouraged, use this time to practice your techniques. Once you have a few thousand miles on the MMH you will notice improved fuel economy, higher speed EV, longer EV, etc.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tim K
The most important thing to realize is that there is a BREAK-IN period with these vehicles. No matter what you try you will not get as good gas mileage, you will not get into EV mode or stay for as long as others, until there are about 3,000mi on the odometer. Don't be discouraged, use this time to practice your techniques. Once you have a few thousand miles on the MMH you will notice improved fuel economy, higher speed EV, longer EV, etc.
And from what I read on here, winter zaps most peoples mileage a little as well. Cold & sometimes winter grade gas apparently will affect us. I can't speak from expierence, I got 32 out of the box, a few months later leveled off at 30, last 2 tanks (cold) were 28. I look at it as still beats the crap out of my 12mpg Expedition and 17mpg Minivan (traded in for the Escape)!

Any way congrats on the new purchase, if you love it 1/2 as much as we love ours your still going to have a blast!

Old 11-28-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by 08HYBRID
Hey everyone, I just came across this MB from a google search. Saturday I finally get my 1st hybrid. I am picking up a Black MMH (I think thats how you guys do that). I got it fullly loaded. Leather trim, Hybrid Prem, 6 way power seat, moon and tune, roof rack, dvd system, 110v outlet, etc... I cant wait.

I guess since im a n00b here I'd just say hi and wondering what i should be on the lookout for when getting the truck etc..

Anyway thanks!
Hey, I just bought your car's twin! I haven't taken delivery yet--waiting on an engine block heater--but I'm really looking forward to getting it!

We've also have a Honda Civic Hybrid and this site has been a fantastic resource to learn how to get the most (fun AND FE) out of your car. Welcome!

Old 11-29-2007, 05:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim K
The most important thing to realize is that there is a BREAK-IN period with these vehicles. No matter what you try you will not get as good gas mileage,
Is there an explanation for this? I have about 600 miles now on the AWD model, and have been averaging 28.5 MPG or so. I was wondering if it was my imagination but just yesterday it seemed to me that it was staying in EV mode for longer than it used to. Am I driving different or is the car different?

Old 11-29-2007, 10:36 AM

I don't know whether it is hard-coded into the computer or if it is just the computer learning how the system works. Either way, you will notice it gets better the longer you have it.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:14 PM
N/A

On my 2008, I noticed the mileage jumped from 26 MPG to 28 MPG at around 600 miles, then climbed a bit more at around 2400 miles. Once it passed 5000 it stabilized at 31 MPG. Now that it's gotten cold it's dropped back to 28 or so.

I'm sure part of this was learning how to drive it most effectively. I used to have a Prius and it seemed to do best on the highway at about 65 MPH, where the FEH is happiest at speeds below 60 and in pure city driving.

It seems like someone posted somewhere that the vehicle has a noticeable learning process. My experience was in line with that claim.

Quick Reply: Excited..

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands