Ford Cargo Mat

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Ford Cargo Mat

I just recently purchased a new '08 FEH. I bought the molded rubber floor mats from my Ford dealer and think they're great.

However, when I asked the parts manager for the cargo liner, he had some confusion on the part numbers and had to call Ford to ask about the correct part number. Well, he ordered P/N 8L8Z-7811600-AA and it came in today. It's carpeted and I really just wanted a rubber one.

I have found P/N 5L8Z-7811600-AA, but he wasn't for sure it would work in the hybrid. Does anyone have this cargo liner or can tell me the correct one to order from Ford?

I know about AutoAnything.com and may end up buying the Husky, but I really like the Escape logo on the mats, and again the front floor mats are great from Ford.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Cargo Mat

Has anyone ordered the Ford cargo liner for the '08 FEH?

Old 06-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

I ordered it it's carpeted and comes with 4 plastic square corners that have that hook and loop stuff on it to hold up packages. I wanted a rubber mat too so I went to Pep Boys and bought one no logo but at least it's rubber

Old 06-24-2007, 05:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

If you read thru the other posts, someone on here has the rubber mat that is offered on EBAY. It might be what you are looking for.

08FEH

Old 06-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KyGreen
I have found P/N 5L8Z-7811600-AA, but he wasn't for sure it would work in the hybrid. Does anyone have this cargo liner or can tell me the correct one to order from Ford?
I ordered the Ford cargo mat through my dealer. It wasn't till I picked it up that they told me Ford only makes one cargo mat for the 08 Escape and it's molded for the non-hybrid. There's a flap on the lower left side of the mat (about 4"x12") that does not lie flat in the FEH. There must a little nook in the cargo area of the non-hybrid where this piece fits in. Also, the mat stops short of covering the corners by the liftgate so a couple inches of carpet are exposed. Other than that, the mat fits snugly. The mat does not have the Escape logo on it.

I can't believe Ford would only make one cargo mat for the 08 Escapes when one-size does not fit all. Ford told my dealer that hybrid owners would have to cut the mat to make it fit! They didn't mention that on their website. I love my FEH but there's no denying Ford can really cheap it up sometimes!