Ford games - $900 mid year price increase?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 04:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford games - $900 mid year price increase?

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Agreed...theres nothing "wrong" with it... unless one has signed a piece of paper setting the price somehow or put down some sort of deposit. However I don't expect it to make the customer happy.
Your signed piece of paper doesn't have the typical disclaimers around price changes, equipment availability, etc?

Old 11-08-2007, 11:52 AM
N/A

Here's a funny one. Well, funny to me anyway.

Ford's Escape Hybrid intro page

http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/escapehybrid/?v=html

still says "$25075 Starting MSRP" superimposed across the picture of the green Escape. That is the original price (not including freight) announced January 26, 2007. But they've gone ahead and changed to $26265 (also not including freight) on the "Build and Price" page.

That's a $1190 price increase. Wow. That's some serious jack.

Side note: I think this proves that people will step up if you improve your product. The market asked for a quieter FEH with more refinement, better mileage, a better ride and a more upscale feel. They responded and they are reaping the benefits.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Enthusiast

I told the dealer I'm walking if I don't get the original price. They gave it to me. I'd like to get a low APR interest rate but it looks like that's not available other than the 4.9/5.9/6.9...

Anyone had any luck getting anything better from Ford credit?

Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doctoru2
Are you locked into buying this vehicle no matter what?

My local Ford dealer just so happens to have the EXACT FEH I would have built on their lot (I view this as a sign that it's time for me to get one finally). I just discovered this and am seriously considering it. However, even their sales people were very blunt - given our current economy, given the lack of big ticket item sales (like homes and cars) and given Ford's current woes (equal to that of the other big car manufacturers), Ford is desperate to sell their vehicles. The sales people are knocking thousands off the car (selling it at MSRP) and completely covering what I owe on my current vehicle. They are also looking for the best possible interest rate. I bet if i pushed, I could get even more.

So if Ford or your dealership is really increasing the price, fight back. You might just win in some fashion!
Are you serious that they are knocking thousands off MSRP? I had to fight tooth and nail to find a dealer to order at X plan. And that was when you could find them on lots.....

Where are you located? I'd jump on anything around invoice. I ended up getting mine for $300 over invoice or so with xplan

Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Your signed piece of paper doesn't have the typical disclaimers around price changes, equipment availability, etc?
My dealer and I signed the A/X/Z plan computer printout and that was our purchase agreement. I guess it pays to go to the small town dealer sometimes.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

My Ford dealership honored my original price. They also gave me all the rebates at the time that had existed plus the 1000 test and drive thing they had going.

I went through a small town dealer also, but they seemed to have some power with Ford.

Big dealers probably wouldn't have taken the time.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pb5927317
My Ford dealership honored my original price. They also gave me all the rebates at the time that had existed plus the 1000 test and drive thing they had going.

I went through a small town dealer also, but they seemed to have some power with Ford.

Big dealers probably wouldn't have taken the time.
Small dealers can be a gem in the rough if they have some pull with Ford. I picked up the FEH tonight. Got~35mpg on the way home in heavy traffic (45 mph freeway).

I must say it was a great feeling to sit at a light with no ICE. Can't wait to see what this vehicle can do.