How to program State Of Charge SOC on the ScanGauge

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Default Re: How to program State Of Charge SOC on the ScanGauge

Originally Posted by joelpac
Can anyone tell me what the "normal" SOC range is for my 08 FEH? I just programmed Xguage for SOC and my readings are between 55 - 67. Is it me or is there something amiss in that I can't seem to get it up near 100% - even charging going downhill for a couple miles.
Something is wrong and the first thing I would check is make sure your programmed numbers and letters are correct. The SoC is normally between 40-60% but there are exceptions but you will never see 100%.

GaryG

Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Joel, there are SOC upper and lower limits that Ford has programmed into the computer(s) on the FEH to protect and extend the life of the battery. I do not know the actual limits for the 2008 as I don't have a ScanGuage but there will be others here (and different threads) that will have an answer for you.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Megageek

As GaryG stated, the "normal" range is 40-60%. There are special events (battery calibration and a few others) that can cause it to go outside that range. I watched mine restart the ICE within 1% of the 40 and it wants to bleed off anything above 60% at the first opportunity it has. It appears that is the range that is the best for long battery life and it must be working since some of the NYC taxi's have over 300K miles on them with original packs.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast

Hi All,
I just got my 2 yr old ScanGauge II upgraded to the latest version. I have a 2007 Escape Hybrid. I specifically did the upgrade to get access to the SOC. I entered the data provided on the ScanGuage website, same as Gary provided. I get no reading when the SOC guage shows up on the instrument. I have been able to get other xguages to work fine. Any ideas??
Thank you,
Teichra

Old 07-15-2009, 05:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teichra
Hi All,
I just got my 2 yr old ScanGauge II upgraded to the latest version. I have a 2007 Escape Hybrid. I specifically did the upgrade to get access to the SOC. I entered the data provided on the ScanGuage website, same as Gary provided. I get no reading when the SOC guage shows up on the instrument. I have been able to get other xguages to work fine. Any ideas??
Thank you,
Teichra
What version of the ScanGauge firmware are you running after the upgrade. If a "*" symbol is part of the version number, it will never be able to display SoC, due to an older processor as I recall.