I just Got an 08 FEH Too !

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:00 AM
Enthusiast
Default I just Got an 08 FEH Too !

I would like to say Hi to all the members, I have been reading threads here for the last month. I actually was one of the lucky ones and got my 2008 Escape 3 weeks after ordering it. Now let me preface that statement so the ones out there still waiting don't go ballistic at their Ford dealership. There was a lady that had actually ordered a 2008 quite a while ago and she backed out of the deal, my dealership didn't cancel the order and all they did was add my options and it continued to be built at it's current build schedule, so yes I got lucky.

I have had the suv for about a month now and it is really a solid ride. On my second tank of gas and have averaged right at 38.1 MPG. By reading this forum I have found different ways to go to work so I can be in electric mode more ofter. So far I really like this thing, it has done nothing but suprise me.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:11 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I just Got an 08 FEH Too !

Yep your dealer put a fake order in ahead of time and finally found a buyer, changed to the options you wanted and whamo you have it.

I am going to go ballastic at my dealer now!

Congratulations though. I am almost ready to jump ship and return to my Chrysler dealer which right now has almost 10k off a new common rail diesel Cherokee for me.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Unhappy Re: I just Got an 08 FEH Too !

Originally Posted by pb5927317
Yep your dealer put a fake order in ahead of time and finally found a buyer, changed to the options you wanted and whamo you have it.

I am going to go ballastic at my dealer now!

Congratulations though. I am almost ready to jump ship and return to my Chrysler dealer which right now has almost 10k off a new common rail diesel Cherokee for me.
Pat...

You still haven't found something that works for you (FEH) on autotrader? Are you dead set on some options? Fully loaded? Minimal options? I found several AWDs and FWDs on autotrader. I'm just surprised you haven't found anything...yet.

How far are you willing to drive for the "right one"?

Check PM...In a last ditch effort, I'll pass the name of my salesman here in VA. I know it is a bit of a drive (and they don't have any in stock) but maybe he can help.

2 yrs ago when I bought our FEH, he sold to me at invoice when NO dealer in the DC area would even talk about prices below MSRP. Super nice guy.

Pat...I know you're frustrated. The FEH is by far the best vehicle I've owned. period. Ford spent years pondering over the FEH to offer what I feel is the best vehicle in the company's history. IMHO....I think you'll be dissappointed in the diesel Cherokee. Methinks like the Diesel Liberty CRD...it will NOT live up to it's FE numbers.

FWIW....I've heard of several dissappointed Liberty Diesel owners...getting no where near the FE advertised. And then there's those pesky emmissions...

Nate

Old 09-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

I would agree! This thing is worth the wait! I too was lucky. I bought 2 08's in April when there were still some around on the lot. My dealer had to do a trade from about 400 miles to get me the one I wanted but it worked out and my wife and I could not be happier. I would also check ebay motors. I do see them on there from time to time.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome aboard Lee!

Old 09-06-2007, 05:11 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks, Brady...

I'm glad to see others chime in and agree that it's worth the wait. The technology in this thing is really impressive, very smooth going from electric to the engine. I was concerned at the beginning when I heard that you can only stay in electric mode up to around 20 mph. Boy that's not true at all. If you are easy on the accelerator this thing will stay in electric mode close to 40 mph. The road has to be level but you can definitely do it.

I filled it up yesterday at lunch for the third time and when the gas pump clicked off I nudged the back end of the FEH a few times to shake it and I was able to get a total of 14 gallons in it. When I turned the key it said I had 525 miles to empty. I can definitely live with those types of numbers.

I just hope some of the others can hold on because the vehicle really is nice, quiet, and rides solid. I am definitely empressed so far !

Old 09-06-2007, 05:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

Nate,

Thanks for the PM. I have found several loaded the way that I want, but they have all been AWD's. I was trying to give my original dealer time to trade for one. Whatever rebates existed then, about 1k worth, I still have with that dealer if they fulfill my sale. Ford has dropped all other incentives on pretty much everything. Even if I use my own financing.

My research on the CRD diesel has come up to the same thing you suggested, the gas mileage on Jeep's in general, has not been really good.

Jeep has incentives right now that are awsome though, and by time I get the Green card pricing and the incentives, my payment on a completely loaded gas Jeep is almost 150 less.

I still like the idea of saving the environment(and the tax credit), and I have emailed dealers that it is cheap for me to fly into, I am on vacation next week.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Might be an interesting story if you have to travel to by your new hybrid. I took a 900 mile trip to buy an old Honda motorcycle. It is an interesting tale and I have fond memories of the trip.