Likes and Dislikes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Likes and Dislikes?

The display legibiity issues may be an individual issue. I've never noticed any problems with either the info display or the nav screen.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:28 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by KenG
The display legibiity issues may be an individual issue. I've never noticed any problems with either the info display or the nav screen.
Maybe my screen is dim? Or, maybe you live in a cloudy climate We had full sun here yesterday, and 109 degF at 2 PM. (San Diego Inland).

I had terrible glare from the silver deck and sides of the display pocket, and could not read the display from the driver or passenger seat.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

External colors.

I am not sure why Ford thinks that hybrid owners are all boring and conservative.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:45 AM
N/A

Agreed. Having wild colors like the bright yellow and crazy orange that used to be available on the Xterra would be interesting. Makes me wonder just how much money is really saved by things like limited color selections and no steering wheel audio controls.

Glare? yeah, that may be an individual problem. It's always sunny here and I've never had a problem. But then I'm pretty tall and keep the seat height up, too. Maybe it's a height thing?

Old 09-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Needs bluetooth and steering wheel radio controls.

The 2008 Edge's even allow you to hook up your IPOD and control via voice.

The SYNC stuff is GREAT!

I am assuming the 09 hybrids will have it. Anyone have an idea when the 09's are coming out?

I may just cancel my order and wait till they do. Last number I read was 26k MMH/FEH have been sold. Seems kinda low. But still low enough the same tax incentives will be out next year.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:34 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by mtberman
Agreed. Having wild colors like the bright yellow and crazy orange that used to be available on the Xterra would be interesting. Makes me wonder just how much money is really saved by things like limited color selections and no steering wheel audio controls.

Glare? yeah, that may be an individual problem. It's always sunny here and I've never had a problem. But then I'm pretty tall and keep the seat height up, too. Maybe it's a height thing?
Not height. And the screen dims ok at night. Maybe there is a brightness setting somewhere. Any other high desert users that can read their display in full sun?

Old 09-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pb5927317
The SYNC stuff is GREAT!

I am assuming the 09 hybrids will have it. Anyone have an idea when the 09's are coming out?
I agree. Microsoft's SYNC looks great. I don't understand why the FE/MM are the only new design that offers the DVD nav system, and does not offer SYNC too.

The 09's should be out in August 2008, with ordering starting in either June or July of 2008.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by DavidH
Not height. And the screen dims ok at night. Maybe there is a brightness setting somewhere. Any other high desert users that can read their display in full sun?
Unless you're driving with the headlights on and the dimmer set for evening light levels, the screen should be at its brightest.

I'm not sure it's a sun thing, as the Denver area is known as one the sunniest parts of the U.S. and no one seems to be having a problem here. Glare is a big issue here due to the thin atmosphere and almost constant sunshine. But even in brutal late afternoon glare I can read mine fine. The letters are awfully small, but it's read-able.

However, I think you're correct that it could become a concern. Over the next few months the sun will drop lower and maybe the problem will reveal itself then. Driving around the Colorado Front Range on late fall afternoons requires lots of visor-moving due to glare coming in the side windows. When I had a Prius, there were times when the center display was totally washed out.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:45 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

I added a tint strip to the top of the windshild so I could see the NAV screen. The NAV screen wasn't as bad as the ATC display, but still needed improvement.

Is there any tint on the windshields? Maybe there is someting different there that causes the problem.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Post Re: Likes and Dislikes?

Originally Posted by pb5927317
Needs bluetooth and steering wheel radio controls.

The 2008 Edge's even allow you to hook up your IPOD and control via voice.

The SYNC stuff is GREAT!

I may just cancel my order and wait till they do. Last number I read was 26k MMH/FEH have been sold. Seems kinda low. But still low enough the same tax incentives will be out next year.
Pat,

According to latest IRS release... 33,547 Ford hybrids have been sold (includes MMH) thru 2nd quarter 2007.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...172857,00.html

At the rate of 5-6,000 units per quarter (which is what they have been selling last few quarters), that means they would reach the magic 60,000 unit mark for tax credits in the latter half of 2008.(I'm thinking 3rd quarter '08).

That means full tax credit would end around end of 2008. I'm hoping that sales will slow a bit this winter and the credit will last a bit longer. I want to replace my wife's car(2003 Pontiac Vibe) with another FEH.....but it is running great and has only 50k on it. I would like to get some more miles out of it before I trade.

Nate

Last edited by Hybrid_SUV; 09-05-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Add IRS link

Quick Reply: Likes and Dislikes?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands