Likes and Dislikes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Likes and Dislikes?

I would not worry about the IRS credit.

More than the potential problem of reaching 60,000 units, and the max credit starting to come down, is the real problem of the AMT. For me, it cut the max potential credit almost in half.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Nate we're in the same boat! My wife has a 2004 Vibe with around 55,000 on it. Can't justify trading it in yet. She doesn't want a FEH though... in her mind two of the same vehicle in a household is too "ridiculous." She definitely wants to go hybrid though. Hopefully by the time we're ready to get rid of her Vibe we can get her a Volt.

Last edited by Brady; 09-06-2007 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:00 AM

Well, in the 21st century, the term "gay" has also become to mean the design style popularized by the "Queer Eye" TV show.

Like with "Disco", there are some who like the style, and others who are strongly against it.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:26 AM
N/A

Um... Kind of missing the point, my well-meaning friend.

Wonder what kind of reaction would occur if I said "My friend said that getting two identical cars would make me look like an Asian person" or "My husband says having two Escapes is a 'black' thing so he won't do it".

Appearance is reality. And using these terms is demeaning. It's not defensible.

Just my 2c

Old 09-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry 'bout that Terry... I edited my post. I think you misunderstood my use of the word, I had no offensive intent.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:42 AM
N/A

Thanks, I'm sure there was no ill intent. It's something a lot of people hear kids saying to each other, which implies that it's am "OK" thing to say.

Reminds me of when I was young and naive and used the term "Honest Injun" in front of a work friend who was Native American. I had heard it from my Dad and Grandfather to mean "honest" or "I really mean it". Man, did I ever feel like an a** when she told me what I was really saying.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Brady
Sorry 'bout that Terry... I edited my post. I think you misunderstood my use of the word, I had no offensive intent.
Yea, he clearly misunderstood you. However, I knew exactly what you meant. There was nothing offensive about it.

I guess he would upset too if someone mentioned they bought an oriental rug.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

All right, let's get back to the topic.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:00 PM
N/A

Yes, let's get back to it.

And please Walt let's stop the personal attacks. Please let us all off the hook. The guy made a mistake, I pointed it out and asked for an edit, and he apologized. The offensive stuff's been deleted, everything's cool, end of story.

If you are personally not offended by a statement which equates gay people with "ridiculous" then that's your prerogative. But defending that sort of epithet is as offensive to some people as the term itself. And it's a violation of this site's rules. This is supposed to be a safe place. If we condone racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. then it's not safe anymore.

You may think there's "nothing offensive" about making fun of minorities but believe me, it's plenty offensive to a lot of people.

If you want to ridicule me for standing up against discrimination, fine. But I will always stand up against racism, sexism, homophobia or whatever else.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Terry you can't make your first sentence instruct us all to get back to it and then the rest of your post is a continuance of the "ridiculous" tangent!

To seriously try to save the thread, I will add my two dislikes about the Escape. The dash/ console/ door skins have hard plastic surfaces. The rear seats are cumbersome to fold down, with the three step operation of remove headrests, fold seat cushion forward, fold seat back down.

Quick Reply: Likes and Dislikes?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands