Nav System & Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav System & Bluetooth

I would email Parrot and ask because the documentation doesn't make it clear for the 3200. The 3100 only has one set of line level connections.

Tell them your radio only has one set of line level inputs and you need to know which set of line level outputs to use from the 3200.....
http://www.parrot.biz/usa/support/technicalcontacts

http://www.parrot.biz/documents/en/s...03200_3400.pdf

wires 9 and 10 - Line In 1p and Line In 2P - Red and White.
or
wires 21 and 22 - Line In 1M and Line In 2M - Black and Brown.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
The Nav radio has just one line-level input for phones. I guess you could connect your MP3 player, but one would have to settle for listening to it in mono.
It actually has two pins according to the diagrams (pins 8 and 9). I might be wrong on this, but a line level stereo input is typically only a two wire connection is it not? I've seen line level connections using a pair of Red and White RCA cables (for a car amplifier) and also using stereo mini-plugs as well (usually for PC's).

I'm tempted to test it out....but since my Parrot kit is due in tomorrow I'll probably just focus on getting that bad boy installed.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Tim, as you suggested, I emailed Parrot with the question but I haven't heard back from them yet!!!

I've had the Parrot for a week and I still haven't got this "bad boy" installed

Old 11-21-2006, 02:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Speaking of line inputs, check this out: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...8483&rd=1&rd=1

Extra RCA ports to connect to NAV Radio? Is this real?

Old 11-21-2006, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
It actually has two pins according to the diagrams (pins 8 and 9). I might be wrong on this, but a line level stereo input is typically only a two wire connection is it not?
No, stereo is at least a three wire connection; LEFT, RIGHT, and NEUTRAL. On the NAV connector, pin 8 is MONO and pin 9 is NEUTRAL. While you can tie LEFT or RIGHT to MONO, tying the remaining RIGHT or LEFT to NEUTRAL would not buy you anything.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by greenhybrider
Speaking of line inputs, check this out: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...8483&rd=1&rd=1

Extra RCA ports to connect to NAV Radio? Is this real?
Nope. It only works for the Non-Nav radio with the SAT button. Basically it takes the SAT input and makes it an AUX RCA input. There are other adapters for this same purpose, but us Nav owners are screwed.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
No, stereo is at least a three wire connection; LEFT, RIGHT, and NEUTRAL. On the NAV connector, pin 8 is MONO and pin 9 is NEUTRAL. While you can tie LEFT or RIGHT to MONO, tying the remaining RIGHT or LEFT to NEUTRAL would not buy you anything.
Walt,
Are you sure...every car stereo amp I've ever seen has two RCA connectors (Right and Left) for its Line Level input. Also, where did you find the info for pins 8 and 9? Everything I've seen simply lists them as "Phone Audio +" and "Phone Audio -".

Old 11-21-2006, 08:01 AM

Walt,
Are you sure...every car stereo amp I've ever seen has two RCA connectors (Right and Left) for its Line Level input. Also, where did you find the info for pins 8 and 9? Everything I've seen simply lists them as "Phone Audio +" and "Phone Audio -".
Yep, I am sure. If you cut open those two RCA cables, you will find two "wires"; one for the audio signal and one for its neutral/ground. Between the two RCA cables, that's a total of four "wires", but usually you can safely combine the two neutral/grounds, into one "wire", reducing the total to just three.

If you look at the style of notation, you will find that on this diagram, the "+" suffix is used for signal and the "-" suffix is used for the neutral/ground signal. For example, look at the other connector for the CD changer, and you will find Left+, Left-, Right+, and Right- to support its stereo input.

Old 11-21-2006, 08:05 AM

Nope. It only works for the Non-Nav radio with the SAT button. Basically it takes the SAT input and makes it an AUX RCA input. There are other adapters for this same purpose, but us Nav owners are screwed.
There are other adapters that suppose to allow one to "share" the CD changer's audio inputs on the NAV radio with other devices.

I thought you were particularly looking hard at the phone audio input, because of the "Phone" button on the front panel.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:13 AM

Yeah, I know PIE makes several, but I did like the idea of the radio button. Ideally, I'd just like to get rid of the plug and play Sirius unit I have sitting on the dash but that ain't gonna happen.

Quick Reply: Nav System & Bluetooth

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands