Nav System & Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav System & Bluetooth

Here are some pictures. I tried to take some during the install but they really didn't come out and most of them looked like a mess. There's really nothing to photograph that shows anything....the before shot is a bunch of wires and the after shot is a bigger bunch of wires! Doing the install at night and having to use a flash didn't help things either.

This is where I first mounted the display but my knee kept hitting the call button and activating the voice prompt so I moved it over.

The new location...When in park the shifter sort-of blocks your view but in D and L it is a clear sightline to the display.

You can see how the wire is sort-of tucked in to the gap between the console and dash. It is mostly invisible.

Here is where I stashed the microphone on the back of my Sirius radio mount.

Last edited by Tim K; 11-22-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

cool mount!

By the way, I phoned Parrot USA and I finally found out the white/brown wires on 3200LS are the line wires and the red/black wires are for RCA!!

That took quite an effort

Old 11-23-2006, 06:25 PM

Mike,
Do you or any of the other owners of the 3100 find the mute/ringer process to be stupid? Instead of an incoming call muting the radio the entire time the phone is ringing, the radio is muted for about 2 seconds....the 3100 beeps a couple times....then the radio comes back on for 2 seconds...then the radio is muted for 2 seconds....the 3100 beeps a couple of times....and then the radio comes back on. It is annoying, distracting and quite frankly...a stupid way to do it.

Also, do the voice commands work for you? I tried to program them and kept getting a "memory full message". The only thing that works is if I press the call button and then say "call joe work". I can't pick up or hang up calls by voice command.

Old 11-26-2006, 04:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Finally got my 3200LS to work. Yes the beeping is annoying, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the settings.

By the way, I'm supposed to get a "goodbye" message on the Parrot when I shut off engine, but the unit just shuts off immediately and completely, which makes me wonder if I have reversed the polarity?!

But then when key is out of ignition switch, Parrot won't turn on no matter what buttons I press. Doesn't this mean I have a proper installation, regardless of whether there's a "goodbye" message?

Could I have reversed the ignition wire with battery wire but still the Parrot seems to behave correctly?

Old 11-26-2006, 01:07 PM

In the directions for the 3100 they mention the reversed polarity. Mine is installed according to the diagram mike posted which is different from the diagram provided by Parrot (reversed the ingition and permantent 12v wires) and I get the goobye message. You should be able to simply switch the orange and red wires at the inline fuses rather than rewire anything. I believe that is the recommendation in the instructions as well.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

oh well, stupid me, I cut off the wire from above the inline fuses to do the clip so I had to actually snip the wires and added a 2nd vampire clip to reverse polarity.

But at least now everything is working perfectly. The Parrot seems to be linking with my Motorola Q (Black one ) just fine, will test all the funky bluetooth features later.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:21 PM

I cannot get the Parrot voice commands to work at all. I still have to press the green button and then say "Call Joe Work" to make a call....I can't answer or hang up a call by voice command.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim K
Mike,
Do you or any of the other owners of the 3100 find the mute/ringer process to be stupid? Instead of an incoming call muting the radio the entire time the phone is ringing, the radio is muted for about 2 seconds....the 3100 beeps a couple times....then the radio comes back on for 2 seconds...then the radio is muted for 2 seconds....the 3100 beeps a couple of times....and then the radio comes back on. It is annoying, distracting and quite frankly...a stupid way to do it.

Also, do the voice commands work for you? I tried to program them and kept getting a "memory full message". The only thing that works is if I press the call button and then say "call joe work". I can't pick up or hang up calls by voice command.
Tim

Go to the parrot site and see if you have the latest firmware, the current version is 4.16. ( go to http://www.parrot.biz/guide_chm/CK3X00/index.html then click on "customer care" and "upgrading your product" on the left menu)

There was an upgrade a while ago that solved some of the voice command problems. Also I find that recording the command with the normal background noise will make it work better. There is an upgrade instruction PDF file on the site, I used the second Blutooth method to do the upgrade

I've not had a problem with the radio muting then unmuting, that could be cased by your phone since the phone is sending the signal to turn on and off the handsfree speaker. You could try using a different profile on the phone (i.e. handsfree or headset). Also you should be using the mute wire from the 3100 that gives a low enable.

Mike

Last edited by mppkll; 11-29-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does anybody get a slight "thumping" boom sound whenever the system announces a menu or when it switches into mute mode? I need to lower the bass to -2 or so until that doesn't happen.

By the way, yesterday I managed to upgrade my 3200LS model to the latest firmware. But the experience is nerve wrecking as it took over 20 mins for the process to complete, at one point I thought the bluetooth has frozen, but the progress bar still inched on one bit at a time. The lesson here is, don't interrupt the process and make sure your laptop has enough power to last the entire wireless firmware update. Bluetooth is always iffy so one must be very careful to not wreck the device by interrupting a firmware update. Make sure your phone's bluetooth is turned off too so as not to interfere.

For those who might wanna add custom wallpapers on the Parrot will find out Parrot 3200LS has very stringent image format demand with file size <29KB. I had to call Parrot a couple of times yesterday to nail down the correct image format/size. Here are some of the wallpapers I created in Photoshop that have been tested to work. Enjoy!

Last edited by greenhybrider; 11-29-2006 at 11:58 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:06 AM

Here is something I just stubbed upon.

While the front of the 2006 Ford Expedition NAV radio looks different from ours,

The rear of it, looks identical.

So, I am wondering if it might be easier to find wiring harnesses and adapters for the Expedition, than for our Hybrids????

Quick Reply: Nav System & Bluetooth

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands