New alarm/warning sound?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 07:56 PM
prg
Enthusiast
Default New alarm/warning sound?

I started my 2009 FEH (with just under 8000 miles), drove it at low speed for several feet and a continuous high pitched type warning sounded from the dash. Nothing indicated on the dash info screen, scanguage normal, (no codes stored after restart). I stopped, turned it off, restarted, all normal 30-40 miles since then. Any ideas?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New alarm/warning sound?

Well, the "alarms" I know of on my '06 are low fuel and door ajar but both have indicators in the status display. How long did it beep for? The low fuel beeps are only a couple of seconds and come at (I think) 50 miles to empty, 25 MTE, 10 MTE and 0 MTE. Door ajar may beep longer but usually the interior lights being on cue you into that one. I don't think there is anything for the emergency brake being left on and seatbelts are an annoying series of bongs every few minutes (I always buckle up but occasionally someone will get in and forget). What about oil change interval? That might have an alarm associated with it. Any of those things could also have triggered in error and gone away with a restart. You know how computers are these days!

Old 04-04-2009, 02:20 PM
prg
Enthusiast

No, none of the above. It wasn't a bong or beep, it was a continuous high pitched tone, went away after several seconds when I turned the key off. On restart all normal. phil

Old 04-04-2009, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by prg
No, none of the above. It wasn't a bong or beep, it was a continuous high pitched tone, went away after several seconds when I turned the key off. On restart all normal. phil
The only thing that comes to mind is the belt that drives the A/C compressor and water pump. I heard that noise a few days ago but could not tell if it was my vehicle or one parked next to me leaving a store parking lot. Sometimes these belts will stick and the crankshaft pulley will spin and make noise for a few seconds. That was the first and only time I heard the noise in the '09 FEH and why I thought it came from another vehicle. When I looked to see if any other car was just started near me I saw none. If it was my FEH it stopped on its own without shutdown.

GaryG

Old 04-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

If you have a smartphone that can record short bursts of video and sound, if it happens again record a few seconds for when you go to a dealer.