New tire report

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 05:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New tire report

Originally Posted by cdbrow1
Well since they were worn well past the wear indictators I didn't think they had much value.
How many miles did it take to wear them out like that? We have been hearing these tires would last 60k+.

Ray, this is the first time I've heard the '07's do not come with the Eco Plus. Are you sure it was not a mistake at the factory or maybe they ran out of them for awhile?
I looked on the Ford website to get the specs and the tires were a different brand. I haven't made it to a dealer yet to verify this in person. I'm not allowed on the local Ford dealer lot unless I pay the $26,000 cover charge. There are two in stock near me but they are both AWD and I don't like the colors anyway....

Old 08-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had a total of 42,000 miles of mostly mountainous driving on my FEH when I bought the new tires. I was very happy with the wear on the Conti, usually tires in the part of the world don't last as long. I think I could have topped 50k if my alignment had stayed in spec, but it didn't so I had a lot of shoulder wear on one side.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Enthusiast

My 07 has the eco plus tires. Just bought it last month.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by susanna
My 07 has the eco plus tires. Just bought it last month.
Mine too. 2WD '07 FEH bought in July in VA.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:23 PM

Thanks Elaine and Susan

Ford needs the public's help with telling them what they want. This site and others have expressed a concern for the special Eco Plus tires. We will generally take the harder ride and a little noise for better MPG. Word is getting around without the cost of advertising for Ford or Continental. The other tire companies should jump on the bandwagon soon if I'm right.

If the FEH goes to the Lithium-Ion and plug in rechargeable batteries in '08, I may go with a AWD FEH to tow my boat on flat roads here in Florida. Those boat ramps are a concern for taking out the boat with a FWD. I may just give it a try with my FWD first though. My wife is wanting to get a Prius and scrap the Explorer now.

Hybrids forever!

GaryG