noises from front of feh during breaking and acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default noises from front of feh during breaking and acceleration

hi everyone.im looking for good hybrid mechanic for my 2009 feh.im living in queens nyc.im having strange clicking noises coming from front of the vehicle.it happening during heavier breaking and heavier acceleration.it was in service already,but after they replaced motor mount (if that is true),it actually resolve nothing.i think that those guys don't have a clue whats going on.they even tried to convince me this is normal.i just lost two days.... thanks

Last edited by mj2000; 01-22-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: noises from front of feh during breaking and acceleration

my 2009 feh is of course covered by warranty.the question is:what are my rights regarding replacement car during repair in service.im going to leave my car in service again-i cannot stand that noise-but like everybody need to commute to work.thanks in advance

Old 01-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ford doesn't give free loaner cars out when your vehicle is in for service, that's for luxury car makers who charge hundreds of $ just for regular servicing.
To address your noise problems you could have a car stereo shop install a bunch of extra sound insulation. Otherwise if your car drives normal but makes funny noises it will be hard to prove to your dealer you have a solvable problem.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Enthusiast

thanks for info.about noises-those are mechanical, little like a rasp,little like clicking metal on metal-definitely not normal.only during stronger breaking or acceleration.im not the pro but i have impression that its coming from electric motor-assisting and recharging processes.im still looking for good hybrid technician in nyc area.once again thank you

Old 01-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I believe you can disable the regenerative braking by putting the FEH in N(eutral) before braking. This should allow you to test your theory about there being something wrong in the EV components.

As for the acceleration noise, I don't have a trick for disabling EV Assist. Sorry.

Also have you tried setting and releasing the park brake a few times? I know that some FEH have had problems with it sticking and causing noise.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My 07 makes noises that are similar to yours, but I learned to tune them out. Someone posted here that they were able to solve a similar problem by replacing the front ball joints.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

thank you all for helping me.Mypart was right- after i put my feh in N position and then breaking-no hated noise at all.considering fact that noise is happening during acceleration and breaking,(nevermind if ev and ice is running or only ev) in my opinion it has something to do with ev motor which is also a generator during breaking .i also tried resetting park brake, but it didnt help at all.any ideas?

Old 01-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

look at the upper shock mount. is the sound biased, ie, left or right?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

the sound is not biased,actually its coming from front- center part of vehicle.i just realized that it started with freezing temperature .is there any particular way to check upper shock mount? thanks in advance

Old 02-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mj2000
the sound is not biased,actually its coming from front- center part of vehicle.i just realized that it started with freezing temperature .is there any particular way to check upper shock mount? thanks in advance

sounds like the front motor mount. Shock mounts are on the left or right side on top where the shocks are. go to the top of each side shock is and take a wrench to the bolts. no much torque is required. I think like 15 ft lbs. But since what you describe, sounds like the forward motor mount. to test, find the motor mount and pour hot water on it. if the sound goes away then you have it. spray silicone on the mount.

Last edited by Jerry&Natalie; 02-04-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply: noises from front of feh during breaking and acceleration

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands