Question ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Question ?

Yesterday the following occured
Small wrench on lower dashboard came on. I have ~6000 miles on FEH. Oil life is at 15%. Checked scanguage - no errors .. System check shows no errors

Before I take it to the dealer, any ideas ?? Would light come on when I need an oil change? Turning off and restarting my FEH turns the light off for a while

Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Question ?

There are post here that say some MIL events take three or more start/stop cycles to fully clear. If the light continues to come on after about three or four separate trips, I'd take it to the dealer.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think you should take it to dealer. It says in owner's guide it is a "Throttle Control / Powertrain" sign,

Old 07-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Enthusiast

The only time we have had problem with our 08 was the wrench light came on when wife was driving it home. She parked in garage and came in and told me about it. I go out and turn key on and no wrench light, so I told her just keep an eye on it.
App 3-4 weeks later when came in house after getting home from work and it happened again, I asked her when did it app come on. She said it came on app the same place as last time which was app 1/2 mile from home.
I dropped it off a dealer and they were able to pull code from computer and it was the door in back that opens and closes to cool the battery. Ever since then no problems and it is very hot here now.
Also the mileage was app 3800 miles and we have app 7000 on it now and wouldnt trade it for anything . Sorry for long post.